CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good day. I have a Problem with Intel Quick Sync (hardware rendering acceleration). 10900k + Vega 64. I use SMBIOS iMAC 20.2 Open core 0.6.8. iGPU is defined (screenshot) Tried the option not define iGPU in config.playlist - did not help. There are constant freezes during rendering(from FCPX 10.5.1 to h264) - black screen, does not restart automatically. There are no errors in the system log. I tried to disable iGPU (and changed SMBIOS to iMACPro, it render without problems) - then the problem is in iGPU. Try on Catalina & BigSur
Maybe someone had a problem with something like this?
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 17.37.37.png

Last edited:
Hi there,

You have a similar situation to mine. I have a i9-11900K with Z490 Aorus Xtreme & Nvidia GTX 1060.
I have defined the Intel Quicksync before, and I can see you've done it correctly (that's how it worked for my Acer Nitro 5 build before) although the Dortania guide on this may differ. You are right to set it headless. Could also try 07 instead of 03.

Have you added the necessary boot-args into NVRAM? ie. shikigva=128 agpdmod=pikera
These are essential for the AMD card to be activated.

Are you using any Kernel CPUID spoofing by any chance?

Hello, Middleman. Thanks for the quick response. I am not using Kernel CPUID spoofing. I've tried various framebuffers before - not successfully. shikigva = 128 agpdmod = pikera also failed. Now I'm testing with different BIOS settings. The most unpleasant thing is that freezes happen randomly - you can work for hours and nothing will happen, but you can get several freezes within half an hour (((

Hello, Middleman. Thanks for the quick response. I am not using Kernel CPUID spoofing. I've tried various framebuffers before - not successfully. shikigva = 128 agpdmod = pikera also failed. Now I'm testing with different BIOS settings. The most unpleasant thing is that freezes happen randomly - you can work for hours and nothing will happen, but you can get several freezes within half an hour (((
I think you need to read and follow that link I sent you earlier. I believe your setup should work (if you start from scratch).

One thing you may have not noticed is the guide talks about the removal of OSXAptioFix.efi as being crucial to getting to run on your system. Not sure if you are aware but AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is simply a rename of this driver. Because of the complexity you are going to have to follow that guide above to get you a working setup.

Also you should also remove the Kexts/Optional and drivers64UEFI_Optional folders because they are still partly loading into your system causing errors. You should only use the kexts you need.

For the BIOS settings try to start with Default settings, then following these:

① Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST): Disabled

② Turbo mode: Enabled

③ CPU C-State: Enabled

④ Enhanced C1 State: Enabled

⑤ CPU C3 Report: Enabled

⑥ CPU C6 Report: Enabled

⑦ Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state

In Clover:

Set ig-platform-id and Processor type
Broadwell-E/EP —— 0x040674 —— 0x0a02

You may need this too:

203333.png

Disableng RC6(Render Standby) in BIOS solved the problem.
Intel quick sync works fine. All types of converters work without crashes (Compressor HandeBrake VideoProc) But still there is a problem when exporting directly from FCPX to mp4 (I use a compressor preset) - it hangs. I did tests with iGPU + Vega 64 and only Vega 64. Based on the results, I decided to disable iGPU. The performance gain appears only when converting complited video files (approximately 37%). And about 2% when converting H 264 to Apple ProRess. Exporting directly from FCPX to mp4 of the same project (with iGPU + Vega 64 and only Vega 64) takes the same time. Thanks for the help to Middleman

Last edited:
Update.
An interesting fact was discovered - black screen occurs if use "Billion colors" option in the program SwitchResX . When switching to Million colors, everything works stably (iGPU+dGPU)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 21.59.00.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 21.59.00.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back