Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys!

I have a Lenovo Tiny M700 ThinkCentre.
It has an Intel i5-6400T, with Intel HD 530. It has 2 x 8Gb PC4 SODIMM RAM sticks.
It also has a m.2 slot which is currently not being used, and a Sandisk 128Gb SSD. Also, space for a mSATA WiFi module, which is also not being used.
It has 2 full sized DisplayPort ports, which I'd use for the display.

I'd like to install either El Capitan or macOS Sierra.

I honestly haven't even tried yet, but I was wondering if anybody has any input on this equipment, as the motherboard looks like a laptop's, but the CPU is a desktop one. So I really have no idea where to begin looking.

Thanks!

Ok, I have been trying my best to install 10.11.5, but haven't had a success yet.

I've followed different guides to no avail. It's getting hung up on the installer...

NOW everything works!!! High Sierra 10.13.3

Ok Guys,

I have one of these Lenovo Tiny M700 ThinkCentre , with:
CPU:i5
GPU:HD530 (Based on intel cpu)
Intel RJ45
500GB SSD Kingston.

Problems that I experienced with installation of High Sierra:
1. Booting from clover USB stick - solved by adding in PCI_Devices in Clover Menu - USB Ownership
2. After installation of OSX and then MultiBeast + all relevant Kext's -got into endless boot loop, when it gets to ~70-80% reboots and starts over.
*Tried to add "-v" flags but the issue is that screen processing so many things and some errors, so when it finally stop's - no useful info can be gathered from it, as no option to scroll up...

Solution for "endless boot loop" are 3 things to verify:

1. Ensure that BIOS settings prepared accordingly to General tonymacx86 installation manual:
a. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
b. Load Optimized Defaults - Applicable to M700
c. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it - Applicable to M700
d. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it - NOT Applicable to M700
e. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it - Applicable to M700
f. Set OS Type to Other OS - NOT Applicable to M700
g. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it - NOT Applicable to M700
h. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled - Applicable to M700
i. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 - NOT Applicable to M700

2. Find in BIOS "video" settings and change from "Auto" GPU to IGP , then scale "allocated memory" to 1.5gb.
3. After first 2 it should stop perform bootloop, but fun part is that I have 3 "Display Ports" and i was using top right port (if you look from the back), so after ~60% screen turns black - this due to this port is not Default one - just try switch Display cable to another port and see if you see the picture.

In MultiBeast I used:
VooDoo HDA (latest)
InteliMaus 2.x (latest)
Checked UEFI as default.
Checked i5 sandy bridge CPU

Thanks to everyone for adding their vital comments that helped me to solve this puzzle, hope my suggestions will help someone as well.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back