CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 // GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get brightness on my machine working, but now I´m working on my Brightness Keys.
My Touchpad is an ELAN Touchpad, so I install ACPI Keyboard.kext, because with the PS2Controller.kext the Touchpad didn't´t work very well.
I also installed ACPI Debug.kext and applied the patches, I didn't´t applied the "OS Check Fix", because my notebook run on Windows 10 and it came from Acer without any OS.
I monitor my system.log and now I don´t know what I have to do, what should I do with the Informations from the system.log?
My notebook has also a very strange key arrangement, the brightness keys aren´t fn-keys, brightness down is on the arrow right key and brightness up is on the arrow up key.
I will be glad, when someone has a solution for this problem:)

PS: I attached my system.log.

Attachments

• System.log_Test.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 86
I get brightness on my machine working, but now I´m working on my Brightness Keys.
My Touchpad is an ELAN Touchpad, so I install ACPI Keyboard.kext, because with the PS2Controller.kext the Touchpad didn't´t work very well.
I also installed ACPI Debug.kext and applied the patches, I didn't´t applied the "OS Check Fix", because my notebook run on Windows 10 and it came from Acer without any OS.
I monitor my system.log and now I don´t know what I have to do, what should I do with the Informations from the system.log?
My notebook has also a very strange key arrangement, the brightness keys aren´t fn-keys, brightness down is on the arrow right key and brightness up is on the arrow up key.
I will be glad, when someone has a solution for this problem:)

PS: I attached my system.log.

"OS Check Fix" has nothing to do with whether you have installed Windows or not.
New system log mechanism in 10.12.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

So I tried with the new command the show the system.log, before I pressed several times the brightness keys on my keyboard.
I still can´t see any connections between the .log file and my brightness keys.
Since I installed the ACPI Debug.kext and the ACPI_Keyboard.kext, my system didn't´t start normally, I must use my USB pendrive to start my Mac OS.
I already applied these patches to my DSDT:"Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries", but I still haven´t determined my brightness keys, because I don´t know how to do that.

PS: I attached my new system.log file.

Attachments

• System.log_23.01.17.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 60
Since I installed the ACPI Debug.kext and the ACPI_Keyboard.kext, my system didn't´t start normally, I must use my USB pendrive to start my Mac OS.

Sounds like you patched ACPI incorrectly.
Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here are some boot pictures and my EFI/Clover folder as ZIP.

PS: Sorry for the the large Bootpictures.zip, I took the pictures with a Sony Alpha 7.

Attachments

• Bootpictures.zip
    33 MB · Views: 153
  • EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
So I rename GFX0->IGPU in my other SSDTs, but I SSDT7 there are 39 errors, I patched some of these now there are "only" 9 errors left. One time I had only 3 errors, but at this moment I did´t know to patch them. I tried to patch the file one two mac OS machines, but on the one machine I had 39 error and on the other I had 22 errors.
I attached my SSDT7, maybe someone can patch the errors.

Attachments

• SSDT-7x_Errors.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 80
So I rename GFX0->IGPU in my other SSDTs, but I SSDT7 there are 39 errors, I patched some of these now there are "only" 9 errors left. One time I had only 3 errors, but at this moment I did´t know to patch them. I tried to patch the file one two mac OS machines, but on the one machine I had 39 error and on the other I had 22 errors.
I attached my SSDT7, maybe someone can patch the errors.

Why are you attempting to recompile SSDT-7x?
It is a dynamic SSDT. As per guide, dynamic SSDTs are not placed in ACPI/patched.
You need to read the guide carefully.

So now I find out on which SSDT I must use the patch "rename GFX0->IGPU" with this command: 'grep -l GFX0 *.dsl'.
But my machine still doesn't´t boot up, I patched my DSDT again.
I attached my EFI.zip folder.

Attachments

• EFI_25:01:2017.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
So now I find out on which SSDT I must use the patch "rename GFX0->IGPU" with this command: 'grep -l GFX0 *.dsl'.
But my machine still doesn't´t boot up, I patched my DSDT again.
I attached my EFI.zip folder.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. As is very clear in the guide, DropOem must be true when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back