CPU
i7-7770K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
my system specs are listed on my id, so for starters i did a fresh install of OS X 10.11.6 on my backup drive as a test, i used unibeast to to create a uefi bootable usb, the listed system definition when fully installed is iMac 2017, late 2012, it seems to auto assign this for best compatibility. After installing multibeast minus audio drivers, i download the installer app of the same version and run the installer to fix my S/L/E applehda.kext then run multibeast again to patch audio for my system alc898, this is successful. After a reboot I try to enter sleep mode which completely "stalls" the computer to a halt, now i read in order to wake the system up for now on, you need to tap the power button, at one point in the install this seemed to work. Now what it does is, it remains as a black screen and starts up for about a second, then shuts down, starts back up again for a second, shuts back up again, then stays starts up again but remains in black screen. When i go to tap the power button, it completely powers the system off. Keep in mind I have been trying many different methods and have exhausted the forums for answers to no avail, I could use some help, this is the third time I have reinstalled the system on my drive trying to get it to work. I tried dark wake and the guides telling me to run a sudo command, to no avail, I have played with the bios settings related to keeping the igpu on while in sleep as some guide i found said that might work, please help me. at the very least i would not mind a sleep mode that puts it into like a hibernation where system power is reduced but not so much so that it basically shuts down and stores the session into memory.

edit tried something new, in bios set "boot mac os x" to first thing to boot. but still having issues where wake by mouse or keyboard gives black screen, but wake from power button wakes the system correctly

edit: in bios change primary display to iGPU, when display is asleep tap any button twice to pull out of sleep, first time wakes system, second wakes up screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back