Contribute
Register

[Solved] Public Beta 1 Disables WiFi & Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
kextstat in the terminal shows the loaded version of the kext, which should be more reliable that Hackintool, and easier than looking through the plist in every driver.

@ozOSX86

Yeah as I said in my previous post, I have the updated to that specific newer Kext and used the guide. I also for the heck of it tried the old kexts from an EFI backup that worked under Big Sur with 0.7.1 the other day but found they definitely didn't work either.

EDIT: I went through checking everything again and discovered the Lilu version I had was one behind 1.5.4 which is also critical for the kexts to operate. I wish for the life of me macos would show version numbers more obviously than having to check file properties every time as I swore it was updated through Hackintool driver update prior to me doing the Monterey install a week ago.

Follow this guide to the letter and you should have no problems:

I think it's necessary to put these 3 kexts, but it doesn't work, it's still without bluetooth
Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 10.45.52.png

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 10.46.10.png

With the latest released OC version 0.7.1, I no longer need the kext I mentioned previously or any B/T Injectors, WIFI and B/Tooth working in Monterey as in Big Sur.
unfortunately for me it doesn't work with 0.7.1, had already mentioned:

I did a clean install, new ssd, and same problem, ok in Bigsur, but not in Monterey.

@valvator

just my 2 cents:

as I see, you still using:

BRCMPatchRam3
do not !
and BRCMFirmwareData
do not !

and

Create USBPorts.kext with Hackintool

What also helped sometimes is

Reset EFI

If BT is Present and has an Adress

you can delete in Monterey on HD / Library / Preferences the BT prefs Restart and configure from scratch

Some People have Problems after deactivating BT, so do not try that

Last edited by a moderator:
You still need to upload firmware using BrcmPatchRam3/BrcmFirmwareData - otherwise your bluetooth device may not work.
You just can't use the injector kexts (BrcmBluetoothInjector) in Monterey.

What I did on my setup was set the injector kexts MaxKernel value to 20.99.9 in my config.plist. This allows them to still work in Big Sur and before, while preventing them from being injected into Monterey.

@MasterAmp

@1Revenger1

tried the 20.99.9 edit .Plist with my DW1560, did not work.
While the BlueToolFixup.kext without BrcmPatchRam3/BrcmFirmwareData works.
( only difference loaded or not - boot time was much longer, so I kicked them with my DW1560 - the BrcmBluetoothInjector gives it a crash )
( heard a Rumor that in OC71 no kext is needed )

But for @valvator
he has still not configured USB correct, and that is mandatory to get the DW1560 USB BT to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
@valvator

just my 2 cents:

as I see, you still using:

BRCMPatchRam3
do not !
and BRCMFirmwareData
do not !

and

Create USBPorts.kext with Hackintool

What also helped sometimes is

Reset EFI

If BT is Present and has an Adress

you can delete in Monterey on HD / Library / Preferences the BT prefs Restart and configure from scratch

Some People have Problems after deactivating BT, so do not try that
Sometimes we look for more complicated solutions when it's much simpler, just delete "com.apple.bluetooth.plist" restart and that's it, no kexts or anything else. thanks everyone for the tips.
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 18.10.14.png
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 18.22.42.png

Sometimes we look for more complicated solutions when it's much simpler, just delete "com.apple.bluetooth.plist" restart and that's it, no kexts or anything else. thanks everyone for the tips.
View attachment 525526View attachment 525527
Hi valvator, how to delete com.apple.bluetooth.plist? I tried to delete this, but no success. Do I need mount the disc read/write? If so how do this? Thanks.

Hi valvator, how to delete com.apple.bluetooth.plist? I tried to delete this, but no success. Do I need mount the disc read/write? If so how do this? Thanks.
first try to delete this:
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 23.02.06.png

if it is not successful, for the other option it is necessary mount the disc read/write,
I follow this path for this, without the changing icons part:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back