Contribute
Register

[Solved] "Prohibited" or "Stop" sign when booting USB installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
same poblem with me too

bro please tell me the fake cpu id

Hi i had a good working installation of El Capitan 10.11.5, everything was fine but i had some shutdown issues. So as my hackintosh wouldn´t shut down i figured out that i would like to try the "fix shutdown" in config.plist. I added that through clover Configurator and restarted.

After that my hackintosh got prohibit sign on every boot. I get through clover, choose partition to boot up with, it loads half way and then i get prohibit sign. I have a Carbon Copy Cloner of my working OSX and thought i´ll fix it with booting up with unibeast using my USB boot and then recover the disk. But i get prohibit sign as well when i´m booting from the USB. So I unhooked my drives and tried booting up only with the bootable usb, but i get the same problem. I started thinking something was wrong in bios, i flashed bios and tryed the same, then i get some text over the apple logo and my hackintosh restarts. I can´t boot anythig now, and i can´t understand why i get the same problem when i´m booting without the Efi drive hooked, the config.plist should only be installed there right?

I have tried boot flags cpus=1, dart=0, -x, -F.

I´m attaching a picture of the text i get when i boot up only with the usb drive, and a picture of verbos booting from my OSX drive.

Hope i can get help as soon as possible.

I have the same issue. My bootable usb is using Sierra 10.12.3. I had my system working a day ago but got issues after trying to fix a wifi issue so I'm where you are right now. The way it worked before was a matter of disabling Virtualization in the bios and setting the boot mode to legacy.

my laptop details can be found here

Please share if you find a solution to this. Here are a helpful article around this issue. Hope this helps.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...apitan-install-problems.173991/#CategoryPanic

What is Your CPU
Check Your BIOS
Try With A USB 2.0
Try with a different USB port
Try boot with this flag: -v GraphicEnabler=No
Create Installer with Unibeast
Check Your Hardware
Check your kext, make sure it have this kext "IntellCPUPowerMagnment.kext"

"Prohibited" or "Stop" sign when booting USB installer (Also "waiting on root device" and "createports: ports limit reached")

It was a USB issue. I've partially fixed the problem by following advice in this thread. Seems like it might be similar to Rehabman's FixPCIID, but maybe easier to understand.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/

I copied the 8 series kext into the EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 folder (in the EFI partition) and most of my USB started working. From there I was able to install and get running. Next up, I'll need to see about modifying the kext to get all of my ports running correctly - that will be a separate project when I have time...

hey i have the same prohibited sign problem can you please tell me how you solved it

Keyboard, Mouse, and USB installer seem to be too much. Wondering if I should jack up the USB power in the BIOS... Fresh everything. First time launch of the HS installer.

Have you tried using a powered usb hub? Plug in into the usb 2 port.

"Prohibited" or "Stop" sign when booting USB installer (Also "waiting on root device" and "createports: ports limit reached")

Make sure ethernet is en0 and wifi is en1 in system preferences/network.
turn it on or off?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back