Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
Intel 630
I've been able to get most of the way through the install via verbose mode but stop just after loading the ethernet.

I've set the commands GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v -x. Previously it wouldn't get past loading the Realtek ethernet device but once I added safe mode, it gets stuck at just after loading the ethernet driver.

I've tried pulling the USB stick and reinserting in the same (and different) ports with no luck. I've only tried the back 4 USB 2.0 ports and I have a port on the front of my case that is plugged into the motherboard. Motherboard has 4GB of RAM. I am going to check the motherboard bios next to see if that needs to be updated.

The error starts just after [RealtekRTL81xx: init] init completed

mbinit: done [64MB total pool size, (42/21) split]
rooting via boot-uuid from chosen: ****** (removed UUID for brevity)****
From path "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID = "2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Still waiting for root device
(pulling and reinserting USB drive displays):

USBMC Identifier (non-unique): 0x13fe 0x1f00 0x110

Any ideas on how to get the installer to recognize the USB drive at this point in the install?

Re: Problems with Z68A-D3H-B3 -- still waiting for root device

F11 bios yields same results. Tried creating a new Lion USB drive using a smaller drive (8GB vs. 16GB) with no change. Stops at same place with same error ("waiting for root device"). Validated BIOS has ACHI turned on, ACPI suspend type is S3(STR), HPET suport is enabled and HPET is set to 64 bit. Used optimized defaults. Have tried all 6 USB ports as well as a case port that's connected directly to the motherboard.

Re: Problems with Z68A-D3H-B3 -- still waiting for root device

Found a number of things that I needed to change

Was using a core i3 CPU with HD2000 graphics (not supported). You need an approved graphics card. Popped in an old Zotac GeForce 8500GT 512 and got to the installer section using just the -v flag. I installed it in the PCI x16 slot, set BIOS to use x16, and disabled the onboard graphics.

During the install, I got an error (errno 22 from finishstreamcompression from essentials.mpkg). This occurred regardless of what USB port I tried.

Went ahead and downloaded a fresh copy of Lion (clicking on option key in app store will allow you to download ("Install") another copy). I used another flash drive and rebuilt using UniBeast. Used the top USB port nearest to power supply with no issues.

Up and running with no issues. I also applied Lion Server with no issues so far. FWIW, I couldn't get the app store to let me download it, so I had to copy it to a flash drive. Once I copied it to the applications folder, I was able to download the rest of the software from apple and install Server with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back