Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problems with direct upgrade with mac os High Sierra (prohibited sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87a
CPU
i7 4770k haswell
Graphics
GF GTX 670
Hi so I wanted to upgrade my current mac os sierra to high sierra and I am on clover UEFI bootloader. I followed the instructions here to update clover to the latest version (r4220), copy apfs.efi into the drivers64 in EFI\clover and copy fake smc kext into the kexts\other folder. When I ran the installer, things went smoothy; however, when restarting the computer into the high sierra installer I got the Prohibited icon and a freeze. I then tried to boot back into Mac os sierra and also got the prohibited sign. Luckily, I had a unibeast installer flash drive with clover (r3911) handy and was able to boot back into my current mac os sierra. The problem must be a clover configuration problem since I can boot into mac os sierra from the unibeast flash drive but not the clover installed on the system. I hope you guys can help!
Note: I can boot still into mac os using the flash drive and mount the efi partition for both the flash drive and the system and I am able to access the clover config files and drivers/kexts
-Quakee

Hi so I wanted to upgrade my current mac os sierra to high sierra and I am on clover UEFI bootloader. I followed the instructions here to update clover to the latest version (r4220), copy apfs.efi into the drivers64 in EFI\clover and copy fake smc kext into the kexts\other folder. When I ran the installer, things went smoothy; however, when restarting the computer into the high sierra installer I got the Prohibited icon and a freeze. I then tried to boot back into Mac os sierra and also got the prohibited sign. Luckily, I had a unibeast installer flash drive with clover (r3911) handy and was able to boot back into my current mac os sierra. The problem must be a clover configuration problem since I can boot into mac os sierra from the unibeast flash drive but not the clover installed on the system. I hope you guys can help!
Note: I can boot still into mac os using the flash drive and mount the efi partition for both the flash drive and the system and I am able to access the clover config files and drivers/kexts
-Quakee
[Solved]
Used OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back