Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problems installing Sierra on Maximus IX Hero i7-7700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Can you upload your EFI folder? I have the same motherboard and cpu. Lets say it works fine but sometimes I have to disable nvidia driver to boot into the system. I dont know why

Were you able to resolve the nvidia driver issue? I have the same problem. Can't boot into the OS without "nv_disable=1"
If not I get this error: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Guys, maybe you will understand it better what is happening with my build.

I installed everything, including Sierra 10.12.6, installed the drivers, created the Clover using MultiBeast with all the drivers and stuff. When I boot using this clover inside the drive that MacOS is installed, I get stuck on the Apple logo. When I boot using the flash drive I used to install the MacOS, I'm able to start the MacOS, but no drivers seem to work. Even the NVIDIA WebDriver shows as being selected by the system, but only the Onboard HDMI port works (tried HDMI and display ports on my GTX 1080). I can use the MacOS, without audio and proper video. Didn't test anything else such as ethernet and USB ports yet because my monitor is upside down (can't configure it to be upside down along monitors on MacOS because of the driver).

Any hints or tips? Thank you.

Yes, try the display port on the MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back