GTX 1080
MB-Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU i7-7700k

BIOS settings-

Advanced Items
:ch: System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
:ch: PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
:ch: USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
:ch: USB Configuration > Keyboard and Mouse Simulation > Disabled <--- See BIOS Note below.
:ch: APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Boot Menu
:ch: Fast Boot > Disabled
:ch: Boot Logo Display > Disabled
:ch: Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
:ch: Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive (the UEFI choice if there are two entries)
:ch: Exit > Save Changes

This is my 3rd and most challenging hackintosh build by far. The first 2 were a breeze. I am hanging up in the install window, and just before the install bar reaches the end, I get a garbled screen and pinwheel.
When booting into verbose and safe mode I get the following message. Sorry if the text is too small. I basically followed Stork's build. Any bumps in the right direction would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:
MB-Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU i7-7700k

BIOS settings-

Advanced Items
:ch: System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
:ch: PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
:ch: USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
:ch: USB Configuration > Keyboard and Mouse Simulation > Disabled <--- See BIOS Note below.
:ch: APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Boot Menu
:ch: Fast Boot > Disabled
:ch: Boot Logo Display > Disabled
:ch: Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
:ch: Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive (the UEFI choice if there are two entries)
:ch: Exit > Save Changes

This is my 3rd and most challenging hackintosh build by far. The first 2 were a breeze. I am hanging up in the install window, and just before the install bar reaches the end, I get a garbled screen and pinwheel.
When booting into verbose and safe mode I get the following message. Sorry if the text is too small. I basically followed Stork's build. Any bumps in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi

Can you upload your EFI folder? I have the same motherboard and cpu. Lets say it works fine but sometimes I have to disable nvidia driver to boot into the system. I dont know why

Hello @jonberecz!

I'm trying to make my build and it's almost the same as yours. The only difference is that my 1080 is SC2 instead of SC (not sure if there is any difference actually).

Can you also please share your EFI folder with me? It can be whatever works for you (Google drive, Dropbox, etc). I'm about 7 days now with my build getting stuck on Apple's logo. Getting really frustrated at this point. First Hackintosh btw.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm uploading the EFI folder and will send you the link when it is done. One thing to check, I built 2 identical machines and one kept crashing/hanging up on the apple screen. After 3 days of tinkering I realized one was plugged in HDMI and that was causing the crash. I swapped out to a display port cable and it works just fine now.

Guys, maybe you will understand it better what is happening with my build.

I installed everything, including Sierra 10.12.6, installed the drivers, created the Clover using MultiBeast with all the drivers and stuff. When I boot using this clover inside the drive that MacOS is installed, I get stuck on the Apple logo. When I boot using the flash drive I used to install the MacOS, I'm able to start the MacOS, but no drivers seem to work. Even the NVIDIA WebDriver shows as being selected by the system, but only the Onboard HDMI port works (tried HDMI and display ports on my GTX 1080). I can use the MacOS, without audio and proper video. Didn't test anything else such as ethernet and USB ports yet because my monitor is upside down (can't configure it to be upside down along monitors on MacOS because of the driver).

Any hints or tips? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back