Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I tried cloning my 10.13.4 two different times and it doesn't show up in the boot menu. I get the master boot device and it will boot the clione fine. But can't boot the clone by itself.

I am using Carbon Clone Copy 5.

I select the two drives and hit clone and the cloned drive ends up 10GB smaller. I take it that it's from the Clover/EFI partitions not being copied.

Is there something I missed. I assumed clone was the full drive, not just partial.

I made sure to format in APFS and then HFS+ and same results both times.

I tried cloning my 10.13.4 two different times and it doesn't show up in the boot menu. I get the master boot device and it will boot the clione fine. But can't boot the clone by itself.

I am using Carbon Clone Copy 5.

I select the two drives and hit clone and the cloned drive ends up 10GB smaller. I take it that it's from the Clover/EFI partitions not being copied.

Is there something I missed. I assumed clone was the full drive, not just partial.

I made sure to format in APFS and then HFS+ and same results both times.

MarkJohnson,

The cloning process, as far as I know, doesn't copy your EFI partition as well, so you have to go back and manually transfer that over. Once you do that, it should boot by itself! :)

MarkJohnson,

The cloning process, as far as I know, doesn't copy your EFI partition as well, so you have to go back and manually transfer that over. Once you do that, it should boot by itself! :)

I just ran multibeast and only the Clover install and that was it.

It kind of worked. I think.

But, now it still has the Windows boot sector. So then I hit F12 to choose boot device. It still shows the windows beet device.

How do I format my SSD and wipe all traces of any formatting whatsoever.

In windows, I just run diskpart and the clean command removes any formatting on the drive and it acts like it is brand new.

I didn't see a command for diskutil.

I just ran multibeast and only the Clover install and that was it.

It kind of worked. I think.

But, now it still has the Windows boot sector. So then I hit F12 to choose boot device. It still shows the windows beet device.

How do I format my SSD and wipe all traces of any formatting whatsoever.

In windows, I just run diskpart and the clean command removes any formatting on the drive and it acts like it is brand new.

I didn't see a command for diskutil.

I sometimes use disk utility and erase in fat32 mode and then go back and erase in HFS or APFs mode. This will usually clean the disk up but you will lose all data and copies on your disk. You may also be able to use EFI mounter or Clover Configurator to mount the partition and remove it manually ( drag to trash) so you don't lose your OS clone.

I remembered the windows installer has a command prompt with shift+F10 and ran diskpart and cleaned the disk.

I reinstalled 10.13.4 again. no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back