Motherboard
Asus P8 Z77-V LE PLUS
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI Gaming X
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there. I installed MacOS Sierra on SSD, but i have problem, i can't boot into OS without USB. I think, EFI part just don't recognize by my UEFI. I have installed Windows 10 on HDD, all my disks on GPT, in UEFI options disabled legacy boot. When i tried to manipulate with boot order, i saw Windows and two Mac OS X. But Mac OS X don't wanna load.

I tried to install clover via Multibeast, from Clover installation pgk, tried move EFI part to FAT32, but nothing :/

Hi there. I installed MacOS Sierra on SSD, but i have problem, i can't boot into OS without USB. I think, EFI part just don't recognize by my UEFI. I have installed Windows 10 on HDD, all my disks on GPT, in UEFI options disabled legacy boot. When i tried to manipulate with boot order, i saw Windows and two Mac OS X. But Mac OS X don't wanna load.

I tried to install clover via Multibeast, from Clover installation pgk, tried move EFI part to FAT32, but nothing :/
Install easyUEFI for windows and add /efi/clover/cloverx64.efi to your firmware's boot menu. Alternatively you can use linux or the EFI shell to do this.

And you can remove the "Mac OS X" entries, they aren't needed.

Install easyUEFI for windows and add /efi/clover/cloverx64.efi to your firmware's boot menu. Alternatively you can use linux or the EFI shell to do this.

Thanks, it's helped. Now i have glitches and artifacts on mac os boot, i'll try google now, thanks again!

Hi Vulgo,

I have the same problem on an SSD partiotioned with Sierra and Win10. I downloaded the easyUEFI but it will not run on a non-UEFI Win10 install like mine. I took a look into EFI shell, but could not figure out what to do. I am willing to wipe everything out through disk utilities if that solves the problem. I have formated the Mac partition a few times but Multibeast is still unable to make it boot on its own. Will deleting all partitions and formating the SSD clear all EFIs?

Cheers,

I downloaded the easyUEFI but it will not run on a non-UEFI Win10 install like mine
Yes it works with EFI variables. Possible workaround: In firmware settings change boot mode to 'UEFI Only' or 'UEFI First'. Change first in boot order to 'UEFI:YourMBRDisk' or similar.
Install Clover to the EFI partition on your MBR SSD. Note that the EFI System Partition 'MBR ID' is required. Try and get clover to boot windows in legacy. If none of this works, either convert or reinstall all your operating systems booting the installers UEFI onto GPT disk(s) and enjoy a relatively easy experience.

[solved]

I just found that it is very difficult to install MacOS on a partitioned disk containing Win10 legacy. MacOS must come first. So I formated the whole SSD and managed to install El Capitain booting successfully.

Clean install of Sierra did hang on apple logo at 50% - still working on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back