Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5000
CPU
i7 6500U - Skylake
Graphics
Nvidia 920m + 520 Intel Integrated
Last week i made a fresh install of the Sierra OS X 10.12.6, and proceeded to make everything work including the HD520 with the Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Hd520.config.plist from Rehab GitHub and used the fake Id 0x12345678 to boot and rebuild cache to make everything work. BUT I installed Paragon on my Windows Driver and it ruins the OS X partition :/.

THE PROBLEM: After making another fresh install of the OS X Sierra I can't get it to work anymore, keep getting the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext and I can not fix it.

Current kexts installed with KextWizzard:
-fakeSMC
-IntelGraphicsFixup
-Lilu
-Sata-100-series-unsupported
-USBInjectAlll
-VoodooPS2Controller

Boot config/loader:
-OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/config_HD520_530_540.plist
-Clover 2.4

What I have tried:
-Multiple types of rebuild(Kext utility, a lot of temrinal commands)
-Diferent kext patches on the Hd520 config.plist
-Diferent kexts with (ex: fakeID) which I removed
-DVMT Prealloc with no success

Last week i made a fresh install of the Sierra OS X 10.12.6, and proceeded to make everything work including the HD520 with the Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Hd520.config.plist from Rehab GitHub and used the fake Id 0x12345678 to boot and rebuild cache to make everything work. BUT I installed Paragon on my Windows Driver and it ruins the OS X partition :/.

THE PROBLEM: After making another fresh install of the OS X Sierra I can't get it to work anymore, keep getting the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext and I can not fix it.

Current kexts installed with KextWizzard:
-fakeSMC
-IntelGraphicsFixup
-Lilu
-Sata-100-series-unsupported
-USBInjectAlll
-VoodooPS2Controller

Boot config/loader:
-OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/config_HD520_530_540.plist
-Clover 2.4

What I have tried:
-Multiple types of rebuild(Kext utility, a lot of temrinal commands)
-Diferent kext patches on the Hd520 config.plist
-Diferent kexts with (ex: fakeID) which I removed
-DVMT Prealloc with no success

You need to use an invalid ig-platform-id, then rebuild cache, then boot normally.
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You need to use an invalid ig-platform-id, then rebuild cache, then boot normally.
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Well thats awkward, its working now. What I as doing wrong:
-ig-plataform-id and FakeID both can be used to trick the boot start and surpass the kernel panic (AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer)
BUT ONLY THE IG-PLATAFORM-ID CAN BE USED TO BOOT AND REBUILD THE KERNEL CACHE, IF YOU SET THE FAKE ID TO 0x12345678 IT WILL BOOT AND YOU CAN PERFORM THE KERNEL CACHE REBUILD BUT IT WILL NOT WORK!

The last time i made it work was probably a mistake and I set the ig-plataform-id by mistake instead of the fakeID and that worked.

Set as solved!
Solution: use the ig-plataform-id to 0x12345678 rebuild Kernel cache instead of using FakeID 0x12345678 because it will not work if you rebuild with that...

Well thats awkward, its working now. What I as doing wrong:
-ig-plataform-id and FakeID both can be used to trick the boot start and surpass the kernel panic (AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer)
BUT ONLY THE IG-PLATAFORM-ID CAN BE USED TO BOOT AND REBUILD THE KERNEL CACHE, IF YOU SET THE FAKE ID TO 0x12345678 IT WILL BOOT AND YOU CAN PERFORM THE KERNEL CACHE REBUILD BUT IT WILL NOT WORK!

The last time i made it work was probably a mistake and I set the ig-plataform-id by mistake instead of the fakeID and that worked.

Set as solved!
Solution: use the ig-plataform-id to 0x12345678 rebuild Kernel cache instead of using FakeID 0x12345678 because it will not work if you rebuild with that...

Yes of course.
It is quite clear in the guide.

I have highlighted in bold the part you skipped reading.
To work around this problem, use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). DO NOT use a bogus FakeID, as that will defeat the purpose.

Yes of course.
It is quite clear in the guide.

I have highlighted in bold the part you skipped reading.
First I thought "bogus FakeID" was KEXT and no the fakeID on the boot options :/. But you are always right I didn't pay attention

First I thought "bogus FakeID" was KEXT and no the fakeID on the boot options :/. But you are always right I didn't pay attention

If there was a kext named "bugusFakeID.kext", I would have written "do not use bogusFakeID.kext".

Of course, there is no such kext... and what the guide is referring to is config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=some-bogus-number (which can also be set from Clover options).

Glad you got it figured out though...

If there was a kext named "bugusFakeID.kext", I would have written "do not use bogusFakeID.kext".

Of course, there is no such kext... and what the guide is referring to is config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=some-bogus-number (which can also be set from Clover options).

Glad you got it figured out though...
My dad was about to buy me a Mac, since we sorted it out he wants to support you, is there a PayPal or donation page?

EDIT: Found it and supported :)

Last edited:
Thanks A LOT man I have been trying to get my IGPU working for around 9 hours and so far this is the only solution that worked. I did the same as you did (set the ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 and enable Inject Intel bool to YES).
Install WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext and finally set the ig-platform-id to 0x191b0000. Reboot and it is now working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back