Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) PROBLEM install update MOJAVE (10.14.3) from el capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I can't manage to get 1500 mb (stuck with 7) of video memory and HDMI connection. Could you please take a look at the config.plist or share yours? The config is regarding an i7-6700k with a z270 (no external gpus)
  • Can you please start your own thread without interjecting into an actively ongoing troubleshoot with a different hardware for a totally different issue?
  • You will get faster and better response that way and the OP of this thread will get uninterrupted attention also; a truly win-win for both :)
  • What do you say?

• I have created a zipped EFI Folder making several changes to your CLOVER.
  • Using the previous steps you used to get this CLOVER, mount the EFI Partition of your System Hard Disk
  • Locate the current EFI Folder.
  • Right click EFI > Rename> EFI_old
  • Copy & Paste EFI_old on the Desktop
  • Go back to the EFI Partition and then Right-click EFI_old >Send to Trash
  • Unzip and Extract EFI Folder I have uploaded
  • Copy and Paste it on the blank EFI Partition of Mojave disk from which you had trashed the renamed EFI_old
What have you done with all of the above?

You kept a copy of your current partially working EFI from your Mojave Disk renaming it as EFI-old

• Boot the Mojave System disk with this new EFI
  • Take any verbose boot image you see as a problem to attach to the Forum Post .
  • If it boots OK, upload screen captures of
    • Apple>About This Mac>Overviews>Macos Mojave>Version
    • Apple>About This Mac>System Report ...> Hardware listed below alphabetically [ For tips see #36 ]
    • You may skip capturing screens of any hardware not in your Computer from the alphabetized list you will be seeing under "System Report>Hardware"
HALLELUJAH !!!
After a 2nd reboot, ( don't know why ) graphics are resolved !!! your trick was good ...
  • Your CLOVER in the Hard disk is in its EFI Folder of its EFI Partition.
  • EFI Partition is hidden and to unhide you need a tool like Clover Configurator Global (CCG)
  • Using CCG unhide EFI Partition of your HDD and then click EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist [steps to see CLOVER in USB and HDD are same except which one you are going to choose in it bulleted steps shown -> #4 ]
  • Once you reach config.plist, Rt click >open with and choose CCG
  • Go to the opened CCG screen and find on its Left Panel toward top "SECTIONS" where config.plists ACPI, BOOT, Devices, Graphics etc are listed.
  • Click open >Devices and locate Fake ID and then IntelGFX box and change the value to 0x0 [See image]
  • Go to Graphics if you see [√]InjectIntel, uncheck
  • check ig-platform-id [ ] and whatever seen there delete[see image]
  • Go down to the bottom of left Panel >2nd arrow to save edited config.plist [shown in the image arrow]
I don't know if you're a TM's team manager but however Thank you very much for your support and your help !
Guys like me are a little bit lost in front of this..
good job CMN699!!!
Best regards

HALLELUJAH !!!
After a 2nd reboot, ( don't know why ) graphics are resolved !!! your trick was good ...
  • Your CLOVER in the Hard disk is in its EFI Folder of its EFI Partition.
  • EFI Partition is hidden and to unhide you need a tool like Clover Configurator Global (CCG)
  • Using CCG unhide EFI Partition of your HDD and then click EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist [steps to see CLOVER in USB and HDD are same except which one you are going to choose in it bulleted steps shown -> #4 ]
  • Once you reach config.plist, Rt click >open with and choose CCG
  • Go to the opened CCG screen and find on its Left Panel toward top "SECTIONS" where config.plists ACPI, BOOT, Devices, Graphics etc are listed.
  • Click open >Devices and locate Fake ID and then IntelGFX box and change the value to 0x0 [See image]
  • Go to Graphics if you see [√]InjectIntel, uncheck
  • check ig-platform-id [ ] and whatever seen there delete[see image]
  • Go down to the bottom of left Panel >2nd arrow to save edited config.plist [shown in the image arrow]
I don't know if you're a TM's team manager but however Thank you very much for your support and your help !
Guys like me are a little bit lost in front of this..
good job CMN699!!!
Best regards

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_082622__01.jpg
    IMG_20190221_082622__01.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
Congratulations:clap:.
  • To make your post useful to others looking for help with the same issue in your TITLE, please prefix it with [SOLVED].
  • It could even be better if you can edit the Title a little bit to reflect the EXACT problem you had at the beginning.
  • As I read #1 , it was "Mac osx 10.14.3 cannot be installed on this computer" error when upgrading Elcapitan on GA-Z77_UDHR".
  • Thank you for the last image upload to seal the deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back