Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) PROBLEM install update MOJAVE (10.14.3) from el capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UDHR
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel version # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hey TM community,

I got a black screen problem after trying a direct update from el capitan to last Mojave 10.14.3!
I followed the instructions from Tonymacx86's install :

Guide: Update Directly to macOS Mojave

1. Update your existing Clover install to version r4515 or higher using MultiBeast or official Clover package.
  1. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.
  2. Download Install macOS Mojave Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.
  3. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.
  4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.
  5. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.
  6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

, but after updating Clover v2.4k_r4871 and at the moment to choose my System drive, impossible ! a message told me, this version of Mac osx 10.14.3 cannot be installed on this computer !
So, I tried to restart ( maybe clover needs a restart) the computer but when i boot on my el capitan system drive, nothings happen !
Can you help me bout' this please?
Best regards

Jeremy

Hey TM community,

I got a black screen problem after trying a direct update from el capitan to last Mojave 10.14.3!
I followed the instructions from Tonymacx86's install :

Guide: Update Directly to macOS Mojave

1. Update your existing Clover install to version r4515 or higher using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

• Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.
    • Download Install macOS Mojave Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.
    • Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.
    • At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.
    • Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.
    • At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

, but after updating Clover v2.4k_r4871 and at the moment to choose my System drive, impossible ! a message told me, this version of Mac osx 10.14.3 cannot be installed on this computer !
So, I tried to restart ( maybe clover needs a restart) the computer but when i boot on my el capitan system drive, nothings happen !
Can you help me bout' this please?
Best regards

Jeremy

• You mean, the el Capitan is not booting to its Desktop after CLOVER upgrade to version 4871?

• Where is it stopping?
    • This is where an uploaded Camera image of Boot screen, should be speaking for you.
      nothings happen !
Is not a good clue to suggest any troubleshoot!
Did the Computer not Power On?
Was there nothing displayed on the Monitor Screen?
There should be some response from the PC when you tried to reboot even if you could not log back into your el Capitan as you hoped for. Whatever you observed is the clue to start the next step to fix it.

thanks for help..
yes, when Clover comes ( 4871) and i choose my boot disk, black screen ...and nothing more.
I just updated clover before restart .
I restarted manually cos when i tried to install mojave, a message told me impossible to install on all my boot disk,so i thought clover needs a restart..and now im in the S*** :(
d'you have an idea to fix it?
best regards
Jerem

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_233350.jpg
    IMG_20190214_233350.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20190214_233438.jpg
    IMG_20190214_233438.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
thanks for help..
yes, when Clover comes ( 4871) and i choose my boot disk, black screen ...and nothing more.
I just updated clover before restart .
I restarted manually cos when i tried to install mojave, a message told me impossible to install on all my boot disk,so i thought clover needs a restart..and now im in the S*** :(
d'you have an idea to fix it?
best regards
Jerem
  • In the CBM screen image you have uploaded, scroll down to Options [See edited image]
  • At Boot Args : take a Photo to show current Boot Flags
  • Scroll down to GraphicsInjector-> and open that screen and take another photo.
  • Scroll down to SMBIOS Screen and take a photo
  • Scroll down to System Parameters >System Integrity Protection and take a Photo
  • Upload all those photos to see if these config.plist Options have anything we can find as a temporarily fixable option to make the disk boot and reach login screen.

Attachments

• 1.CBM screen.png
    1.CBM screen.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 131
Yes of course,
thanks a lot...

Attachments

• IMG_20190215_092154.jpg
    IMG_20190215_092154.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20190215_092328.jpg
    IMG_20190215_092328.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20190215_092411.jpg
    IMG_20190215_092411.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190215_092446.jpg
    IMG_20190215_092446.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 58
Yes of course,
thanks a lot...

• I have reviewed and edited the images of the uploaded CBM_Options screen shots
  • Please edit the screens as annotated on the uploaded screen shots.
  • Return to CBM and boot your Mojave System Disk.
  • Upload any problem Verbose boot screen [ Please note -v added to Boot Args line]

Attachments

• 1.CBM-OPTIONS_BOOT.png
    1.CBM-OPTIONS_BOOT.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 2.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector.png
    2.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • 3.CBM_Options_SMBIOS.png
    3.CBM_Options_SMBIOS.png
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • 4.CBM_Options_System Parameters.png
    4.CBM_Options_System Parameters.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
Thanks....
Here's my test but still negative ☹️
(For system integrity you see 0x0003 on the pic but it's 0x00067 after the update )
You tell me after updating to boot on my Mojave system disk but it still El capitan! I cannot install it before this issue...

Attachments

• IMG_20190215_134541.jpg
    IMG_20190215_134541.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190215_134630.jpg
    IMG_20190215_134630.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20190215_145522.jpg
    IMG_20190215_145522.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190215_145547.jpg
    IMG_20190215_145547.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190215_145611.jpg
    IMG_20190215_145611.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
The usual cure for stalling at the row of plus signs is to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

ok thanks but how do you do that exactly from the Clover menu?

The usual cure for stalling at the row of plus signs is to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
OP is in a bind.

OP had already started Upgrade of previous el Capitan to Mojave and now unable to complete the installation.
At least that is what I could gather from the post so far.

The config.plist had already shown (via CBM Options) multiple deficiencies like wrong SMBIOS Model , Graphics Injection , CsrActiveConfig.etc which were the ones temporarily fixed from CBM screen to boot but now has a new Prob. Since that is in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI , it cannot be reached from this level.

I am wondering whether the partially installed El Capitan would boot to reach its Desktop to fix its CLOVER.

If that does not work other options are to reach EFI Partition of El Capitan through Windows 10 ( if OP has Windows 10 ) to edit or connect this disk to a Mac and access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back