Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problem: HDD not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace your current config.plist with the attached config.plist. Boot and see if your hdd can be initialized in HS disk utility.

@juseon123 , Can you help_me with a proper EFI folder and kexts on penboot?

After I’ve managed install the OS, my lan and sound doesn’t worked.
My lan is AR8151 ..

Thanks !

Replace your current config.plist with the attached config.plist. Boot and see if your hdd can be initialized in HS disk utility.
Hi, I'm trying to make it work with Mojave on my build 1 (the P7P55D one), I attach my config.plist
I don't know to apply this patch. Please, help me!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 204
Hi, I'm trying to make it work with Mojave on my build 1 (the P7P55D one), I attach my config.plist
I don't know to apply this patch. Please, help me!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 347
Hello, I have also this Hotplug problem with Sata Disks.
Thanks for this new AppleAHCIPort patch (
Find
Replace
00000000)

But how do you apply it ? Is it a text to paste in the config.plist ? Or is a kext to Edit ? With wich editor ?
Thank you very much

Hello, I have also this Hotplug problem with Sata Disks.
Thanks for this new AppleAHCIPort patch (
Find
Replace
00000000)

But how do you apply it ? Is it a text to paste in the config.plist ? Or is a kext to Edit ? With wich editor ?
Thank you very much
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 7.36.13 PM.png

Need help here with my Mojave installation.
Hardware: Gigabyte G41M-Combo LGA775 Q9550 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro
Current system macOS Sierra 10.12.6 running at full graphic acceleration.
I have tried to install Mojave but the installation reached the final part of Filevault Preboot where the GUI was supposed to come on but the screen went on to flash between a grey screen with a pointer and and dark screen repeatedly. I have tried using the apple.com.telemetry file from my High Sierra and the hotplug suggestion from Juseon but it is still the same. Tried using Juseon's config.plist file too.
Can someone tell me what is wrong.

Need help here with my Mojave installation.
Hardware: Gigabyte G41M-Combo LGA775 Q9550 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro
Current system macOS Sierra 10.12.6 running at full graphic acceleration.
I have tried to install Mojave but the installation reached the final part of Filevault Preboot where the GUI was supposed to come on but the screen went on to flash between a grey screen with a pointer and and dark screen repeatedly. I have tried using the apple.com.telemetry file from my High Sierra and the hotplug suggestion from Juseon but it is still the same. Tried using Juseon's config.plist file too.
Can someone tell me what is wrong.
The problem is that Q9550 does not support instuction set SSE 4.2 which is required by MacOS High Sierra or above to load AMD Metal drivers. But luckly, there is a SSE 4.2 emulator kext for unsupported CPUs. Download the kext from this link and copy the file to your efi/efi/clover/kext/other folder. You should be able to reach GUI.

Last edited:
The problem is that Q9550 does not support instuction set SSE 4.2 which is required by MacOS High Sierra or above to load AMD Metal drivers. But luckly, there is a SSE 4.2 emulator kext for unsupported CPUs. Just copy attached file to your efi/efi/clover/kext/other folder. You should be able to reach GUI.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Just tried without success. Should I upload my EFI folder for you to take a look?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Just tried without success. Should I upload my EFI folder for you to take a look?
Yea.. Are you using a DP port? and which version of MacOS Mojave are you trying to install?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back