Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GT 710
Code:
Hello people. I am pretty new to the whole hack world, but managed without great difficulty to install lion and pro tools 10.2 on my pc. Seems to work fine.
After a clean install i installed my audio drivers (rme raydat) and then ilok drivers (both of them.. the client and the other one). Then i installed PT 10.2
I starts up but it takes forever before i see the actual purple avid screen and it stays there for quite a while before anything happens. Im guessing it takes a total of 2 minutes.
I have read that people have been having issues with their iloks... but the ilok is read without problems. Could it be that it takes a while before the ilok is recognised? any hints?

thanks!
:)

Re: Pro tools takes forever to start up

Your CPU is your problem. Single core is NOT enough

Ah - sorry didnt update my profile! will do asap!
Im currently using an intel dp67bg motherboard with a quadcore i7 3,5 ghz and 4gigs of ram... it should be plenty :D

I read somewhere here a while ago=
Is your en0 set as PrimaryInterface?

Maybe could solve the problems with the ilok, but im not sure if its an ilok issue... And if it is i have no idea what is ment with the above statement or how to set it to en0 :oops: :)

No. this is a fresh install of pro tools... I havent installed any plugins or anything so it shouldnt be necessary, should it?

cleaning protools preferences and databases doesn't have anything to do with plugins.
it is a basic troubleshooting procedure.

when ProTools boots, you should be able to see where it stalls. if you don't get to the splash screen, check the console for clues.

I have only had to clean prefs etc when something got messed up over time or a plugin was messing up PT. And since its a clean install i cant see why it should make any difference. But who knows - i'll try it anyway..
:)

Succes!!!
Found out that my network card wasnt installed, so i used multibeast network driver and made sure it was en0. It was, and PT starts fast and fine now!

Succes!!!
Found out that my network card wasnt installed, so i used multibeast network driver and made sure it was en0. It was, and PT starts fast and fine now!

Ahh this just worked for me with a re-hashed legacy system running Mavericks - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back