CPU
I7-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

yesterday I build myself a new hackintosh
Now nearly everything is running except of one thing.

When I edit a video in Premiere Pro everything works until I want to export the movie (export in Premiere and via Media encoder). When I start the export the PC is not reacting anymore properly, even after killing the Premiere Pro (and/or Media encoder) process each click is delayed more than 20 sec. My CPU and my GPU load are not over 20%.

I changed the RX 580 to an Nvidia 1070 with Webdriver, and everything is working properly on export.

Does someone have an idea what could produce this problem?

UPDATE: I found out that if I export to Mpeg2 and not to h264 everything is working fine.

My system:

Board: H370 MSI
CPU: i7-8600K
GPU: Radeon RX580 pulse

Last edited:
I am also having the same issue! Aorus Gaming 5, i7 8600k and RX580 - only hangs/freezes when exporting MP4.

Same, did you ever resolve this?

Hi,

yes I solved it!

you need to activate onboard GPU set it to enable (not auto),
and in clover add the corresponding settings.

I am on business trip at the moment, if you don't find them. please tell me and I will share you them once back.

Sven

That's actually what I have tried as well. IGPU enabled (HD4600 in my case), ig-platform-id set for connectorless layout. h264 works then because it's handled by Quicksync from HD4600. But exporting HEVC/h265 causes the exact same freezes since it's running though RX 580. The very same setup works great with Vega 56.

Hi,

yes I solved it!

you need to activate onboard GPU set it to enable (not auto),
and in clover add the corresponding settings.

I am on business trip at the moment, if you don't find them. please tell me and I will share you them once back.

Sven
I have the same issue! where can i find these settings??

Any more information on this? I am having the same issue.

Same issue here. Does the same in DaVinci Resolve.

@Svenb any chance you could give us some more info?

i5-6600K
RX480

EDIT: Actually just found a work around in another thread. Installed FakeID.Kext and I can export out of premiere and resolve with any problems(yet).

Last edited:
Hi PancakeBatter. Do you have that thread handy? I'm having the same issue, but have not had the same luck. Hoping to do some more research on this. Much obliged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back