EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Post MultiBeast Kernel Panic

If there is anyone here who can advise me on how to begin resolving the kernel panic detailed below I would be enormously grateful. I am new to Hackintoshing so please forgive any ignorance regarding this issue.

Background--I recently built a computer with the following components:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970 FTW
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
Storage: 2 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSDs
WiFi: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900
Firewire: StarTech PEX1394A2V 2 Port
Optical drive: Pioneer Black BDR-209DBK

I managed to reach the OS X installer, completed the install, rebooted from the USB into my primary SSD drive with the newly installed OS X, ran MultiBeast from the USB and installed the drivers, installed the web NVidia drivers, and rebooted the system.

Unfortunately, now Clover won't let me boot my main SSD with OS X on it. Once I turn on my computer, the Gigabyte logo appears as usual, and then the Clover screen appears. When I select "Boot Mac OS X from Primary Samsung SSD" the white Apple logo appears and it starts booting, but before it finishes, a string of text appears on the left side of the screen (see picture).

IMG_5108[1].jpg

I fear I may have made a mistake somewhere in the MultiBeast settings and I'm puzzled how to go about resolving this. If there is any additional information regarding my settings you may need to aid your advice/guidance please let me know. Thank you, again, for any help here!

Post MultiBeast Kernel Panic Unresolved

View attachment 185607

I fear I may have made a mistake somewhere in the MultiBeast settings and I'm puzzled how to go about resolving this. If there is any additional information regarding my settings you may need to aid your advice/guidance please let me know. Thank you, again, for any help here!

The KP is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart and boot without caches.

The one thing id recommend not using Mac Pro system definition only because of CPU Powermanagement. You'd be better off using a System definition that matches your system nearly i.e iMac 14,2.

Thank you for the prompt reply! I successfully booted into safe mode, however I believe it disabled the use of my mouse and keyboard. I can't type anything to get past my user password and make changes in system definitions. Is there a way to boot into safe mode but still retain the use of my mouse and keyboard? Thanks.

Thank you for the prompt reply! I successfully booted into safe mode, however I believe it disabled the use of my mouse and keyboard. I can't type anything to get past my user password and make changes in system definitions. Is there a way to boot into safe mode but still retain the use of my mouse and keyboard? Thanks.

It is probably much quicker to just reinstall rather than troubleshoot your mouse and keyboard issue.

Don't use the system definition of a Mac that uses ECC RAM.

Since I've already installed OS X on this build, how would I need to go about reinstalling? I'm uncertain how to proceed. When I reinsert my already-used bootable USB drive and select it at the Clover screen, the Apple logo appears with the grey bar slowly tracking across but then it just stalls. What would you recommend?

Since I've already installed OS X on this build, how would I need to go about reinstalling? I'm uncertain how to proceed. When I reinsert my already-used bootable USB drive and select it at the Clover screen, the Apple logo appears with the grey bar slowly tracking across but then it just stalls. What would you recommend?

Install in the same way that you did originally.

i.e. Power on and press F12 for the boot menu then select your USB as the boot device.

Install in the same way that you did originally.

i.e. Power on and press F12 for the boot menu then select your USB as the boot device.
I did that, and it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device." Does this mean I need to remake the bootable USB? (Thank you for the help here, really appreciate the prompt reply).

I did that, and it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device." Does this mean I need to remake the bootable USB? (Thank you for the help here, really appreciate the prompt reply).

It much depends on how you made your USB installer, Legacy or UEFI mode.

You should have made it in UEFI mode and should boot from the UEFI partition of your USB installer from the F12 boot menu.

It is possible that your USB installer has somehow been corrupted (but unlikely) and in that case remaking it is the only option.

However, if you can get the installer to boot then it is possible to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext using Terminal thus saving the need for a reinstall.

I made the USB installer in UEFI mode originally. I'm accessing it via the F12 key but the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" message keeps showing up. If I let the computer get to the Clover screen, it asks me to boot OS X from either my USB or Desktop SSD. From this I assume the USB is no longer able to be used as an "installer" rather has now somehow been changed to a boot device for the operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back