Contribute
Register

[Solved] Please help : Can't install El Capitan on Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - Skylake i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel 6700k 4.0 Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 530
System Build
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Bios F5
i7-6700K 4GHz LGA1151
16Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM
Integrated graphic card intel HD530
Monitor plugged in HDMI port (igfx)

Hi there,

First of all sorry for my poor english, I will try my best to be understood.

I Tried to install El Capitan 10.11.1 on a brand new build and I am stuck all the time at the same point which is just after selecting to boot on Mac OS X from clover (unibeast 6.2.0).
I got a black screen with 2 lines and a lot of "++++++++++" signs then it stops and reboot the computer to be back again on the clover choice.

I tried many things (replace the mac definition, replace the OSXAPTIOFIXDRV, modifying several arguments in clover, nv_disable, usbinjection, intel injection, etc...) I am not sure of what I am doing some times but I tried anyway.

Using 2 USB drive (16Gb USB2 and 32Gb USB3)
Tried all the USB ports, mainly the USB2 black ports at the back of the case
Tried 2 different clover installations (Unibeast 6.2 and El Capitan Skylake USB v7 - just to check) and always got the same error

I did all the setting in the BIOS after having loaded The optimized configuration.

I am not very familiar with the kext and the SSDT so I tried some stuffs but not so many.

Any help would be great because it is so frustrating to see that I have the exact same build than others and I cannot manage to get it at least installing OS X...

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20161112_131537.jpg
    IMG_20161112_131537.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 188
I'm having the same EXACT issue as you, different hardware though. Been tearing my hair out trying to find a resolution--from the searching I've done, doesn't look like this is a very well understood issue just yet. Unfortunately I don't know of any associated logfiles or anything of that sort, so don't have any real idea where to begin. Best of luck though, if I find a fix for my machine I'll post again in here!

-Dash

I'm having the same EXACT issue as you, different hardware though. Been tearing my hair out trying to find a resolution--from the searching I've done, doesn't look like this is a very well understood issue just yet. Unfortunately I don't know of any associated logfiles or anything of that sort, so don't have any real idea where to begin. Best of luck though, if I find a fix for my machine I'll post again in here!

-Dash

Thanks for the post Dash! :)
I hope we will find something to get it working.
I'll keep you in informed and in the post if I get something on my side.
Best of luck too!

Ok I got It!!!
I passed the black screen with "+" signs to get to the "El Capitan" install!
I haven't finished it yet but regarding my issue, the problem was the version of OS X 10.11 installation.
I did use the 10.11.1 version. The one I kept from my mac installation last year.
So I managed to get the link to download the latest version 10.11.6 and it worked!!
That was just my installation version... $@#%£ !!! So many hours spent for that!
Anyway that's a very good news so I will keep going and see if everything else will be fine.

For others with same issue about finding the correct 10.11.6 download, here is the direct link as Apple store doesn't provide a way to get it easily if you already have it installed (it keeps giving you just the updates).

Apple Mac OS 10.11.6 direct download link (if you have a valid system to download it):
https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12
(Released 20 sept 2016)

@DashRantic

Fantastic news, progress! I know I have an older version of the El Capitan installer, I didn't know it was possible to download the newest version directly like that--thank you! Giving it a try now, fingers crossed... :)

-Dash

I got past that error as well using the latest El Captian version! THANK YOU!!! I'm a bit shocked that's all it was haha, but excellent info to know now :) I'm finally able to install El Capitan from the USB drive, here's to hoping for smoothing sailing from here on out haha.

-Dash

I had the same issue as you guys except I had the latest version of El Capitan.

I had to go into Clover Config to remove one of the kexts that was causing the issue. I can't remember now but it might have been the AppleIntelE100 kext. Then i was able to boot into installation.

That was last week, my rig is fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back