Contribute
Register

[solved] PLD Error cant repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am trying to compile but have 18 errors like below error

dsdt-modified.dsl 9492: PLD_Revision = 0x1,
Error 6105 - Invalid object type for reserved name ^ (_PLD: found Buffer, Package required)

I know this is for installing Mac on PC but I have no where else to turn :) I am trying to create a large memory space for egpu on a Samsung r780 laptop. I don't have access to a Linux or OSX installation. only windows 10. DSTD editor for windows wont let me patch them. Any help would be much appreciated. I used the decompile method from this website "https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/paged/1/"
Have attached my already modified dsts file incase it needed'

Thank You

Attachments

• dsdt-modified.dsl
    395.3 KB · Views: 182
Hi I am trying to compile but have 18 errors like below error

dsdt-modified.dsl 9492: PLD_Revision = 0x1,
Error 6105 - Invalid object type for reserved name ^ (_PLD: found Buffer, Package required)

I know this is for installing Mac on PC but I have no where else to turn :) I am trying to create a large memory space for egpu on a Samsung r780 laptop. I don't have access to a Linux or OSX installation. only windows 10. DSTD editor for windows wont let me patch them. Any help would be much appreciated. I used the decompile method from this website "https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/paged/1/"
Have attached my already modified dsts file incase it needed'

Thank You

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Sorry man I am reading this thread. It stated to use MaciASL which I understand to be run on Mac OSX only? trying to boot up a Linus USB to decompile it in Linus. Am I on right track :)

Sorry man I am reading this thread. It stated to use MaciASL which I understand to be run on Mac OSX only? trying to boot up a Linus USB to decompile it in Linus. Am I on right track :)

Yes. MaciASL is to be used on macOS/OS X.

Yes. MaciASL is to be used on macOS/OS X.
I dont have a install of macOS. I do understand this is a macos forum but i have exausted google and other forums keep directing me here for help is there an alternative? Thanks

I dont have a install of macOS. I do understand this is a macos forum but i have exausted google and other forums keep directing me here for help is there an alternative? Thanks

This site is specifically for running macOS/OS X on PC hardware...
Other platforms, you would need to edit the code to comply to the ACPI spec.

This site is specifically for running macOS/OS X on PC hardware...
Other platforms, you would need to edit the code to comply to the ACPI spec.
Sorry man i have no idea on how to do that. I am coplete newbie when it comes to coding. Looks like chineese to me lol. Thanks though. I will keeo searching

Sorry man i have no idea on how to do that. I am coplete newbie when it comes to coding. Looks like chineese to me lol. Thanks though. I will keeo searching

Make sure you're using a recent iasl.
As far as ACPI, you can download the ACPI spec from the internet (link was provided in my guide... already linked by #2)

Make sure you're using a recent iasl.
As far as ACPI, you can download the ACPI spec from the internet (link was provided in my guide... already linked by #2)
Ok I think follow you. If I am right I have already altered the file with the code necessary for the large memory space on PC. Guessing that is what you mean by editing to comply with ACPI. It is just compiling the patched DSTD file without the above errors I am failing to achieve. Thank you for your patience ;)

Ok I think follow you. If I am right I have already altered the file with the code necessary for the large memory space on PC. Guessing that is what you mean by editing to comply with ACPI. It is just compiling the patched DSTD file without the above errors I am failing to achieve. Thank you for your patience ;)

I have no way to know what changes you made, nor whether you are using a known good iasl (you didn't provide native ACPI files).

Note that you can force iasl to create an AML with the -va flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back