Contribute
Register

[Solved] Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu Ray Burner - Sierra 10.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PREngineer

Hi everyone!

I have been looking all over the forum to see if anyone has posted this issue but I can't find anything.

I have my Hackintosh running 10.12.2.

I have the Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu Ray Burner.

I noticed that when I power off my machine and boot up, I see the drive for a bit and it reads perfectly.

However, after several minutes, for some reason it disappears and the icon on the top right of the screen says 'NO DRIVES'.

Anyone has had this issue before? How did you solve it?

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 7.39.52 PM.png

Hi everyone!

I have been looking all over the forum to see if anyone has posted this issue but I can't find anything.

I have my Hackintosh running 10.12.2.

I have the Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu Ray Burner.

I noticed that when I power off my machine and boot up, I see the drive for a bit and it reads perfectly.

However, after several minutes, for some reason it disappears and the icon on the top right of the screen says 'NO DRIVES'.

Anyone has had this issue before? How did you solve it?

View attachment 259421

I've had the same issue with the same burner. Have you been able to resolve, aside from restart?

Hi Saint!

I did a full reinstall using a few new kexts to solve my graphics issue post 10.12.3+ and it miraculously solved the problem.

It is no longer disappearing. This screenshot is of right now. I have not turned the computer off for about 2 months. I just let it sleep.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 8.18.30 PM.png

Seems like the fix for this is unchecking the option labeled "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" in the Power Settings.

The logic seems to be that it turns off all SATA devices and it can't recover for some reason after coming back from sleep.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 4.37.46 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back