Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] PCIe Lane Width: x8 showing (on a x16 slot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-HD4
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
PowerColor Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Anyone with GA-P55-USB3 Rev2 board out there? I have my Powercolor ATI 5770 on the x16 slot, but system profiler showing as PCIe Lane Width: x8

I've already removed and re-seated the card on the PCIe slot, but no luck...still show as x8

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 6.31.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 6.31.06 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,261
Re: PCIe Lane Width: x8 showing (on a x16 slot)

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue

I was reading another post regarding a fix, but this member has a newer sandy bridge socket 1155 board. Unfortunately I've try looking at the BIOS setting but I couldn't find his reference. So I am still stuck at 8x. According to my reading, you are only suffering 2-3% performance loss so it is not that bad. If you manage to get it working, please PM me.

here's the other post.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=17012

ijhu said:
I was reading another post regarding a fix, but this member has a newer sandy bridge socket 1155 board. Unfortunately I've try looking at the BIOS setting but I couldn't find his reference. So I am still stuck at 8x. According to my reading, you are only suffering 2-3% performance loss so it is not that bad. If you manage to get it working, please PM me.

here's the other post.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=17012

OK, I got it...
this is a BIOS setting problem,
I had the same problems like you before only x8...
So I check my Bios manual (My mobo is : Gigabyte GA-P55a-UD3 (v2.0) and I find something about the Turbo SATA3 / USB3.0 (Marvell 9128 /NEC D720200F1 USB 3.0 Controller)
My was set to Turbo Sata3 and I DISABLED IT and it work...

If you check your Manual it say that:"Please note that when only one graphics card is installed on the PCIEX16 slot, it will operate at up to x8 mode if either one of the two controllers is set to PCIe Gen 2."

SO JUST KEEP "Turbo SATA3 / USB3.0" TO DISABLED IN YOUR BIOS AND IT WILL WORK.... ;)

[SOLVED]: PCIe Lane Width: x8 showing (on a x16 slot)

Turbo USB3.0 (NEC D720200F1 USB 3.0 Controller) was ENABLED in BIOS. DISABLED this feature fixed the issue and now mine PCIe Lane Width:= x16.
Thanks harycoz for the tips.

Worked for me too. On my Asus USB 3, SATA 6, and PCIe x16 all share the same bandwidth. USB 3 and SATA 6 had to be turned off, then I had to power off the power supply and I was able to get x16. I think these manufacturers are a little misleading. If I knew this before buying this board, I would have purchased a different one.

great post, thanks solved my problem also.
I noticed the same problem just now, and when I went to look at the USB 3 turbo setting in BIOS, I disabled it and immediately bumped to x16 speed. I am using gigabyte GA-z68x-ud5-b3 with a EVGA 780 Classified ACX ...

seemed to be much faster in photoshop....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back