Contribute
Register

[Solved] Partition disappeared after the high sierra upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I updated from mac osx sierra to high sierra. After the upgrade has disappeared, the cluster boot partition disappears.
My clover version is: 'Clover v2.4 r4173 Legacy boot mode'.
The upgrade was performed on a 120GB SSD Kingston. Did anyone have the same problem?
Thanks in advance

If after you upgrade to High Sierra you found yourself without the system boot partition follow this guide!
- Create a bootable high Sierra key with Unibest 8
- After you create the usb key, start it and use it to boot on your internal drive.
- Download Clover configurator and run the bootloader update
- Mount the EFI partition of your internal disk.
- Copy the apfs.efi file to the EFI / Clover / drivers64 / folder.
Turn off your hackintosh, remove the key, turn on your hackintosh and your system will be bootable again!

PS: To avoid creating the key I recommend doing this before you leave with the upgrade!

@dandi98, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hello, thanks for the answer ! fortunately I managed to solve the problem and I also posted this little guide to helping other people in trouble! good day
Not a Desktop Guide - post merged with this thread.

i created the usb key, but how can i boot from internal drive now?! i just see the option to install it..

If after you upgrade to High Sierra you found yourself without the system boot partition follow this guide!
- After you create the usb key, start it and use it to boot on your internal drive.
Turn off your hackintosh, remove the key, turn on your hackintosh and your system will be bootable again!

PS: To avoid creating the key I recommend doing this before you leave with the upgrade!

@chazy, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I'm so glad I found this post! Thank you!!!

Before I followed the above instructions, I couldn't see ANY of my other internal HDDs. But after this, 1 of the 3 HDDs is now showing. Luckily, it's the drive i'm using as my hybrid data folders (documents, downloads, dropbox, etc), which are symlinks. Those all new work perfectly as they did in Sierra. But the other 2 drives still aren't showing. How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back