Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Installed HWMonitor along with the CPU sensor from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/. Rebooted and got this panic. Will attach normal boot and verbose boot.

Any idea what could I do to bring my functional macOS back?

Specs are on my profile.

Thanks.

Edit: Tried to access my Sierra partition from Win10 via MacDrive and deleted FakeSMC.kext from S/L/E (which contains the sensors), but issue remains unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_20170605_143818319.jpg
    IMG_20170605_143818319.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20170605_203009620.jpg
    IMG_20170605_203009620.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Installed HWMonitor along with the CPU sensor from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/. Rebooted and got this panic. Will attach normal boot and verbose boot.

Any idea what could I do to bring my functional macOS back?

Specs are on my profile.

Thanks.

Edit: Tried to access my Sierra partition from Win10 via MacDrive and deleted FakeSMC.kext from S/L/E (which contains the sensors), but issue remains unfortunately.

Your image shows that you have multiple instances of FakeSMC.kext with different versions.

Did you install the GPU Sensor as well? If so that is known to cause kernel panic on boot with pascal video cards..

+1. Try removing GPUSensors.kext - fixed it for me.

Your image shows that you have multiple instances of FakeSMC.kext with different versions.

I noticed, yeah.

Anyway, for some weird reason deleting FakeSMC from s/l/e on Windows via MacDrive did nothing which resulted really strange, so I booted to my USB macOS installer and used the terminal to delete it. To my surprise, I booted with no issues. Weird.

Reinstalled FakeSMC and all the sensors (deleted the GPU one later) via Multibeast and the CPU sensors work fine now.

I'm still curious by the different versions thingy though, how can I check the version of a kext? I will attach a picture of where I have FakeSMC kexts for you to see.

So yeah, why do I have 2 instances of FakeSMC? Check pics!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.34.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.34.55 PM.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.35.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.35.33 PM.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 297
Right click it and select Get Info.

Gotcha. Thanks for that. So why would I have two instances of FakeSMC?

The one on l/e was installed by multibeast along with the sensors and the one on efi/clover/kexts/other was installed by Clover when I installed macOS I guess? What should I do? Check the atatched picture please-.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.51.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.51.38 PM.png
    398.6 KB · Views: 226
Gotcha. Thanks for that. So why would I have two instances of FakeSMC?

The one on l/e was installed by multibeast along with the sensors and the one on efi/clover/kexts/other was installed by Clover when I installed macOS I guess? What should I do? Check the atatched picture please-.
It is correct to have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (it enables you to boot from the recovery partition) and in /Library/Extensions but both should be the same version.

It is correct to have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (it enables you to boot from the recovery partition) and in /Library/Extensions but both should be the same version.

So should I just grab the latest FakeSMC version and replace it on both locations then? If so, where can I find that? Can't seem to find an official FakeSMC site or similar to download it from.

So should I just grab the latest FakeSMC version and replace it on both locations then? If so, where can I find that? Can't seem to find an official FakeSMC site or similar to download it from.
Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back