Contribute
Register

SOLVED!!! - P7P55D BIOS UPDATE 1408

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a retail copy of snow leopard or one of the hacked versions from p2p?

The error message photo is referring to a kext file which is not part of iBoot / Multibeast but is a hacked kext found in , and a couple of other hacked distributions.

The tonymac install method will not work with those. Even if you manage to get it installed the system will be unstable and easily broken by applying easybeast / multibeast.

ne0shell said:
Are you using a retail copy of snow leopard or one of the hacked versions from p2p?

The error message photo is referring to a kext file which is not part of iBoot / Multibeast but is a hacked kext found in , and a couple of other hacked distributions.

The tonymac install method will not work with those. Even if you manage to get it installed the system will be unstable and easily broken by applying easybeast / multibeast.

Yeah people don't use the hacked version, you don't know what is in them, I mean SL is only $30 and pretty cheap compared to windows.

Thanks guys for answering,

I will explain what I did.

I install a blank disk (samsung sp2004c)
I proceeded to the the bios modification (flashing to 14.08 and AHCI everywhere in the bios)
I restarted with the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-ASUS. cd
I can't even get to the Chameleon prompt and replace CD with my Mac OS X Install Retail DVD. The pic I've uploaded happens with the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-ASUS cd. By the way I have a real snowleopard dvd.

I hope to have en explanation to what is happening in my install.

Thanks a lot

Try using the iBOOT file instead of the ASUS one that you used.

If all else fails, I would try the USB installation method.

Hi to all,

I've just tried the Iboot disk and the same error message comes on my screen. Before I try the usb method as suggested, is there someone who could tell me what is going on with my system since I set my bios to ahci??

Thanks in advance

No one has any idea of what could create this problem? At this point do I change my motherboard? By the way is resetting my cmos by removing the battery an option??

Thanks

Re: P7P55D BIOS UPDATE 1408 - READ!!!!!

Yeah, I understand, however I was tempted because the update now allows for usb 3.0 compatibility for windows, so I'm gonna try to recheck my bios settings again, however, I didn't change much except for the IDE settings to AHCI.

update:
I rechecked my bios settings and all I did was change the IDE settings.
I reburned the asusbootcd that I used originally.... that didn't work..
I tried tony's iBOOT cd burn and that didn't work....

idk, I have a feeling asus is trying to fudge things up with this bios update for hackintosh users....I don't understand why I can't boot from these CDs that I was able to boot from before when trying to boot from them...

This really sucks...

Anyone else update their bios to 1408 and have this work?
Hi, I've noticed you have a P7P55D. Do you have it working with Mojave? How did you solve the AHCI problem? I would really appreciate your help.

Hi, I've noticed you have a P7P55D. Do you have it working with Mojave? How did you solve the AHCI problem? I would really appreciate your help.

I haven't upgraded because the AMD GPU isn't supported. I'd have to put my GTX 1080 in.

Check here for the AHCI fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back