CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 550
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get the "requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" error when trying to boot into the update partition - see attached photo.

I've tried OsxAptioFixDrv2 and OsxAptioFixDrv3 but neither work for either the update partition or my main install so I'm stuck with OsxAptioFixDrv which works great for my main installation running 10.13.1 but won't boot the update partition.

I'm not sure what to try at this stage, I'm also attaching my config.plist.

Attachments

• IMG_3664.JPG
    IMG_3664.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 482
  • config.plist
    17 KB · Views: 278
Try to remove slide=0 from your args.

You can try to use AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFixDrv.

Try to remove slide=0 from your args.

You can try to use AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFixDrv.
Success by doing both if these things! Thank you!

Now I'm getting into the installer but seeing the message "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". I'm attempting to re-download the update.

Success by doing both if these things! Thank you!

Now I'm getting into the installer but seeing the message "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". I'm attempting to re-download the update.

If you still get this error after re-download :

Using AptioMemoryFix, NVRAM related files should be removed as far as I know :

1) make a backup of your EFI folder somewhere (and be sure to be able to have access to an emergency backup such as a unibeast USB stick or an external HDD backup with your existing install in case you cannot boot with the next steps)
2) Delete your NVRAM.PLIST in EFI folder
3) delete EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi in EFI/drivers64UEFI
4) reboot and install the update.

Thanks CrashMidnick, that wasn't necessary as re-downloading did the trick.

However, would you recommend that I back up and try your suggestions anyway? I mean, if NVRAM related files should indeed be removed...

I did not see your specs as I am using my phone. Your motherboard Should have native nvram so those files should not be in your efi partition. Check.

If you find them, delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back