CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So for the most part I have got OSX Sierra working on my hackintosh with only a few minor bugs. The most annoying of those bugs is when booting into sierra it won't always boot. It'll hang on the apple logo screen for a second and either the loading bar will appear and it'll boot. or the apple logo will turn into the circle with the slash through it and will go no further. If I had to guess I would say it boots around 70% of the time. It's not a terrible problem to have because if it doesn't boot then I just do it again and usually it'll then boot properly the second or sometimes 3rd time, but it is very inconvenient and time consuming having to sometimes boot multiple times before it will start.
Anyone know what might be causing this?

The attached picture shows verbose mode when it fails to boot.

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 317
Try to use osxaptiofixdrv (so without the 2).

Make a backup of your osxaptiofix2drv first in case it does not work.

Try to use osxaptiofixdrv (so without the 2).

Make a backup of your osxaptiofix2drv first in case it does not work.
No luck. It doesn't boot at all with that. here's a pick of the verbose mode .

Attachments

• IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
in clover configurator, check if csrativeconfig is set to 0x67 (RT variables)

Maybe nickwoodhams solution would help.
That might have done the trick! I've tried restarting the computer 5 or 6 times now and it's booted properly every time. So unless I just got lucky those 5 or 6 times, that seemed to fix it!

After days of pulling my hair out I've just managed to fix my similar problem, i'll leave the solution that worked for me here in case it'll help someone else. It came down to something really simple that I'd stupidly missed during the post installation with MultiBeast.

I've been using Sierra for about 6 months without any glitches but decided to do some spring cleaning and give myself a fresh install. I've done this install with various versions of MacOS without a problem, this time though when I booted up I'd get a 'no entry sign' 50% of the time, with the error message...

OsxAptiofix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x000000000008a00000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernal cache (0x9)

As it still worked half the time it wasn't the end of the world, just really really annoying. I tried out every bit of advice I could find on Tony Mac, even going so far as to flash the bios, but with no joy.

I stumbled onto the answer by mistake. Turns out when I installed Multibeast I'd kept the system definition at the default (14,2) which was too "modern" for my setup (GA-B75M-D3P). Using http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html i picked an iMac that was the closest to my build, through trial and error a mid 2011 model (12,1) did the trick, almost. It was still giving me the OsxAptiofix error 20% of the time now. So I tried swapping OsxAptioFix2 for OsxAptioFix and it's booting 100% of the time now.

I guess the older versions of MB i'd been using gave a earlier system definition by default and so it hadn't been problem before now. I didn't realise quite how crucial getting the right system definition is. Lesson learned, the painful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back