GT 740
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, recently i have installed El Capitan following the method Unibeast + Clover. I have a motherboard Asus Z97-K and my graphic card is Asus GeForce GT 740 2GB DDR3. I've got everything working correctly (audio, ethernet, etc) the only problem is that my computer only can boot when I add nv_disable=1 to my config.plist, so I do not get full resolution or graphic acceleration. (If I boot without this flag, my monitor go to sleep.)

I've got the computer to recognize correctly the model of the graphic card (in system report), this show correctly the vendor id (0x10de) but dotes not recognize the "device id" (It show 0x00).

I tried different combinations of flags, but I have not gotten anything.

I would appreciate any Suggestions. Excuse my english.

OSX El Capitan only boot with nv_disable=1

Hello, thank you very much for the help. Unfortunately my problem has not been fixed. I changed the SMBIOS identification to iMac15,1 and I followed the instructions in the link you provided. If not nv_disable = 1 use my monitor no longer goes into sleep mode, but it enters a loop where the display of black color and symbol is shown continuously circling.

I have to use nv_disable = 1 to access the desktop again.

OSX El Capitan only boot with nv_disable=1

SOLVED!! Everything works perfectly!!

I'm in the same situation. How you fix it ?

Thank you !​

Hello, I don´t know if it´s too late to answer.

I really was very simple. I just had to choose the correct SMBIOS for my motherboard and processor. (In my case: iMac 15.1); to my graphics card, do NOT select "Inject NVidia", and selecting "kext-dev-mode=1" in BOOT.

If your ID is iMac15.1 or MacPro6.1, you need follow this guide: (Problem 4) --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Attached file config.plist standard for NVIDIA cards need not "inject":

I hope this information is valid for you.

Greetings

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 827
SOLVED!! Everything works perfectly!!
how to get in to booting with nv_disable=1. Completely Clueless. Need some assistance please.:think:
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back