Contribute
Register

SOLVED: Optiplex 780 Sierra Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Dell Optiplex 780 SFF
The one I have is a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400; 6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB;
45nm process, it support SSE4.1;
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3 should be able to be installed on a Dell Optiplex 780 Small Form Factor (SFF) machine with the E8400 CPU.
Some of the fan even go further and have the high sierra installed.

@FunnyNYPD, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I just have the Fist one done. :)

Last edited:
I just have one done. :)
Try installing the VoodooHDA 2.9.1 and see if that gives you sound. Use Kextbeast and install it to /L/E on your system drive.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 83
After have two machines build, I have found that build a UEFI based motherboard is a lot faster than Dell optiplex 780. It seemed the Dell optiplex 780 motherboard BIOS may be changed for no reason. Don't understand why?

>Got it working. Got a combined AppleALC/Lilu kext from Insanelymac and a vanilla AppleHDA.kext from another thread here... and good to go.

Do you mind to let us know how do you get the sound issue resolved step by step?

Step 1: Delete any and all ALC/HDA/Voodoo, etc. kexts you've already tried.
Step 2: Download the two files in post #17 of this thread.
Step 3: Place AppleALC.kext in your EFI folder:Clover/Kexts/Other
Step 4: Place Apple HDA.kext in S/L/E (using Kextbeast or equivalent)
Step 5: Reboot
Step 6: Enjoy sound

If you still don't have sound after that, you'll need to seek help from more knowledgeable folks than me, but that's how I did it and I've got sound working on two Optiplex 780s running Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back