Contribute
Register

[Solved] OpenCore boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
true I only have the preboot option. It works so it’s fine for me.
To fix this, create a hidden file ".disk_label.contentDetails" using TextEdit. Open TextEdit, change to plain text format, type Big Sur or the volume label you wish to use and save it as mentioned above. Now copy the file to System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID/System/Library/CoreServices.
Reboot.

This file is presented in macOS Mojave and Catalina's Preboot volume after the OS installation but for some, it is missing after the Big Sur Beta installation.
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 2.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 2.20.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi, I had the same problem before I can only boot Big Sur via Preboot, install and uninstall Intel Power Gadget fixed issue for me. Now the Name of Volume Big Sur saw on the boot entry Opencore.

How dose one uninstall Intel Power Gadget? I don't see a provided uninstaller... is it OK to use AppDelete?

Update: Never mind I found the uninstaller Applications/Intel Power Gadget/ folder.

Thanks for the tip. Big Sur drive now shows proper name.

That's not a fix it's a bandaid. Sure install/uninstall IPG somehow toggles preboot to Big Sur but my disk utility shows Big Sur greyed out still. Anybody actually know why this is happening and the proper fix? My guess is it's ssd driver related. I added nvmexpressdxe.efi in EFI/OC/Drivers but that didn't help. Funny it seems to run fine but something in the installer isn't right. I also got the Russian lang issue too. Using OC 0.6.1 and A5364e.

I noticed that too, but I am wondering if it is the way Big Sur is doing the Signed System Volume. I'm not going to monkey around with it. It might be something unique to Big Sur, to the Beta, or something else.

That's not a fix it's a bandaid. Sure install/uninstall IPG somehow toggles preboot to Big Sur but my disk utility shows Big Sur greyed out still. Anybody actually know why this is happening and the proper fix? My guess is it's ssd driver related. I added nvmexpressdxe.efi in EFI/OC/Drivers but that didn't help. Funny it seems to run fine but something in the installer isn't right. I also got the Russian lang issue too. Using OC 0.6.1 and A5364e.

Actually it's a fix as good as any until the official release unless it is an intention by Apple which I doubt. The language problem you mentioned, if you want to change from Russian to English, change this entry in the config.plist (as shown) to this data. If you read the OC Guide you will find all language codes, also remember whatever entry is in the installer will default to that language (Russian) and as the principal OC Devs are Russian the default 'pre-lang:kbd' will be Russian unless changed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 17.04.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 17.04.50.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 354
Actually it's a fix as good as any until the official release unless it is an intention by Apple which I doubt. The language problem you mentioned, if you want to change from Russian to English, change this entry in the config.plist (as shown) to this data. If you read the OC Guide you will find all language codes, also remember whatever entry is in the installer will default to that language (Russian) and as the principal OC Devs are Russian the default 'pre-lang:kbd' will be Russian unless changed.

Rather than typing or copy and pasting the long language code you can just type "en-US:0" instead (without the quotes).

Oh, I will try this

Ups!.. How to unisntall Intel Power Gadget?

Yes tanks to JBX Uninstaller is in the application folder and into Intel Power Gadget

Hi,

I'm using OpenCore as my bootloader. It's boring but reliable. I'm used to Clover with all the themes etc., and I understand that this is not possible with OpenCore. But I'm running OC on both of my build and the boot menu differs. Below pictures are examples, not actual pictures of my builds, but you get the idea.

How can I go from the 'list' menu to the icon menu? Is it possible to change that?

Thank you.
There is a guide to applying the fancy GUI on Dortania. I'm actually going to be doing this tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back