RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I'm using OpenCore as my bootloader. It's boring but reliable. I'm used to Clover with all the themes etc., and I understand that this is not possible with OpenCore. But I'm running OC on both of my build and the boot menu differs. Below pictures are examples, not actual pictures of my builds, but you get the idea.

How can I go from the 'list' menu to the icon menu? Is it possible to change that?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2020-04-24-at-9.57.47-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2020-04-24-at-9.57.47-PM.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 4,247
  • IMG_3713.png.f93e0da91666ad2f1b0fc68a4673db7d.png
    IMG_3713.png.f93e0da91666ad2f1b0fc68a4673db7d.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,675
Use opencanopy (GUI). Files are available as part of open core release and the docs have instruction on how to setup. It is very easy

Thank you, I will take a look at this and will come back with my results.

Use opencanopy (GUI). Files are available as part of open core release and the docs have instruction on how to setup. It is very easy

works great, thanks!

2B99EC27-C573-41F8-B159-7470CBB9BC39.jpeg

I don't see Big Sur partition entry in your image. I also experienced that, can only boot Big Sur via Preboot. Do you know how to bring up the Big Sur partition on the boot entry opencore?

true I only have the preboot option. It works so it’s fine for me.

true I only have the preboot option. It works so it’s fine for me.
Yes, I also have no problem. Just feels something is missing if it doesn't boot through the mac os volume.
First I tried the public beta on sata ssd and like clover, I booted it through the BiG Sur volume. Then I thought I wanted to be Big Sur as the main driver and install it on M.2 NVMe SSD with the same OC config. but what happened i lost Big Sur volume in opencore bot manager. I don't know where the fault lies.
Try adding NvmExpressDxe.efi and Set UEFI -> APFS:
EnableJumpstart: YES
HideVerbose: YES
MinDate: -1
MinVersion: -1
I still can't bring up Big Sur volume on OC boot menu.

I don't see Big Sur partition entry in your image. I also experienced that, can only boot Big Sur via Preboot. Do you know how to bring up the Big Sur partition on the boot entry opencore?
Hi, I had the same problem before I can only boot Big Sur via Preboot, install and uninstall Intel Power Gadget fixed issue for me. Now the Name of Volume Big Sur saw on the boot entry Opencore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back