Gigabyte GA-H270M-D3H
CPU
Intel Gen 7 i5 7400
Graphics
Integrated Intel HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi!

I'm trying to clean up the entries options on the boot menu. I've used the HideAuxiliary option to hide the Recovery item successfully. I am unable to figure out why there are EFI entries (I do have two hard drive with EFI partition) which cannot be hidden under the same option. And I searched the web and see some people do not have EFI entry on the boot menu but some other do.

Any idea?

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.04.47 PM.png

same here, i use HideAuxiliary = true, but have one EFI entry left.

After i try to select the EFI entry and find out, it's an old Clover EFI folder in some hard disk. Just Delete it.

OpenCore did leave some efi entries in my bios. I deleted them with UEFI shell. After that..the system was clean again.

OpenCore did leave some efi entries in my bios. I deleted them with UEFI shell. After that..the system was clean again.
would you explain the steps? how you did it, from clover or opencore? thanks

would you explain the steps? how you did it, from clover or opencore? thanks
I used my internal shell (Intel Nuc), but you can also do it with clover.

Steps to remove old boot entries :

In UEFI Shell type : bcfg boot dump

(this will give you a list of boot config options in Bios).

Look for the EFI entries you want to delete. They all have double numbers like : option 01, option 02 etc etc.

When you want to delete an option just type : bcfg boot rm XX. (where XX is the double number).

You can then use the dump command again to see what options you have left. Just reboot, and you're done!

I used my internal shell (Intel Nuc), but you can also do it with clover.

Steps to remove old boot entries :

In UEFI Shell type : bcfg boot dump

(this will give you a list of boot config options in Bios).

Look for the EFI entries you want to delete. They all have double numbers like : option 01, option 02 etc etc.

When you want to delete an option just type : bcfg boot rm XX. (where XX is the double number).

You can then use the dump command again to see what options you have left. Just reboot, and you're done!
in my case it's so strange that the bcfg boot dump gave one entry only which is option: 00....But in my BIOS there are at least 5 boot options....

same here, i use HideAuxiliary = true, but have one EFI entry left.

After i try to select the EFI entry and find out, it's an old Clover EFI folder in some hard disk. Just Delete it.
Thanks!

I confirm that this is exactly the cause in my case. The two EFI entries came from the clover installation in other hard disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back