Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G41
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX1080
So I recently converted my main build to a hackintosh, however, I cannot get my system to read all 8gb of my GTX1080. It only sees 256mb. I have tried installing the web drivers manually, changing my system definition (currently using iMac late 2012). I have tried adding Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixu kexts into my Clover install and my Emuvariableuefi-64 driver has been added as well. I have also made sure that nv_disable isn't set and that WebDriver is set to true in my .plist file. However, I still can only see 256mb of VRAM. I have a thread on ****** (I will link at the bottom for a working history), however, they told me my best bet might be to start a thread here. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

CPU - i5-3570k
MoBo - MSI Z77A-G41
Ram - 16gb
GPU - GTX1080
OS - Currently on Sierra (10.12.6)

****** thread - https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/76qhrl/osx_only_sees_gtx1080_as_256mb/

Again, I am out of ideas and really want to figure out how to get this working. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Ensure that your integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings and that you are not injecting Intel graphics in your config.plist.

Ensure that your integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings and that you are not injecting Intel graphics in your config.plist.
My apologies. I though that meant my Mobo/CPU and stuff in my post. I have updated my profile.

Also, I will be sure to check my BIOS when I get home.

Thanks!

edit- I can't read sometimes

Last edited:

I have these both ON in order to fix the iBooks clear window issue, even though I've got no monitor plugged in the IGP connector.

Ok, everyone here gets permission to slap me if ever they meet me. Apparently, I checked the "inject Nvidia" box while making my unibeast installer (totally forgot that I did this). Disabling that with CC fixed the issue and all 8gb are now showing up in "About this Mac". Thank you all for you help.

NOTE: The latest Lilu + NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext implements NVidiaWebDriverLibVal.kext, rendering the latter obsolete.

NOTE: The latest Lilu + NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext implements NVidiaWebDriverLibVal.kext, rendering the latter obsolete.
Will this also install a ceiling fan??? :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back