MSI Z370I Carbon Gaming AC Pro
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello everybody,
I've just finished my Mojave build with MSI Z370 PC PRO, Asus AMD RX560, i7 8700k. Since it was my first build with that hardware, I wanted to stay on the safe side, and I used a SATA SSD I had around (Crucial BX500).

The build is totally ok (using MacPro 5,1) and everything works without patching or tweaking things, just installed from Mojave unibeast, then run the latest High Sierra Multibeast. No problem at all (audio doesn't work out of the box, but I use bluetooth headphones only, so I haven't really tried).

But, I have a NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 EVO) installed in my system, which is correctly recognized by Mojave, and I can use it as non-boot disk.

Would it be OK to use it as root/boot drive? Or is there anything I should know about it? I've heard different things for NVMe on hackintosh, and I don't understand what's the current state for it.

Hello everybody,
I've just finished my Mojave build with MSI Z370 PC PRO, Asus AMD RX560, i7 8700k. Since it was my first build with that hardware, I wanted to stay on the safe side, and I used a SATA SSD I had around (Crucial BX500).

The build is totally ok (using MacPro 5,1) and everything works without patching or tweaking things, just installed from Mojave unibeast, then run the latest High Sierra Multibeast. No problem at all (audio doesn't work out of the box, but I use bluetooth headphones only, so I haven't really tried).

But, I have a NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 EVO) installed in my system, which is correctly recognized by Mojave, and I can use it as non-boot disk.

Would it be OK to use it as root/boot drive? Or is there anything I should know about it? I've heard different things for NVMe on hackintosh, and I don't understand what's the current state for it.

your all good, high sierra and mojave work flawless on nvme from my experiences.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back