Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
10.12.6 is installed and I am attempting to get the OS to use the Nvidia webdrivers that are installed and are up to date. It's otherwise running with minimal graphics and sees the card as something unnamed with 7mb.

I think the issue is that clover nvram emulation and or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I still can't select the Nvidia driver as the main choice, it will unselect it after rebooting. Also if I check clover configurator after reboot from installing/enabling those settings "NVARAM emulation - Store nvram.plist on system partition" will show itself unchecked.

I've triple checked my bio settings and config settings. Not injecting any other graphics drivers. Have true set for NvidiaWeb. SIP is disabled.

1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
  1. Integrated Graphics : Disabled
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot

I've tried the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext / Lilu.kext combo. Attempted the AGDP fix for the hell of it. And attempted to install the things that address problem #6 (NVRAM) multiple times. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 136
  • config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 247
Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode+ Emulated NVRAM. It works for me,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.04.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.04.56 AM.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 539
I wish I could pinpoint what fixed this. At first I forgot to boot off the actual partitions efi (I was using my install flash drives EFI boot) so the emulated nvram settings for nvidia never were getting set.

One of the other solutions is with the Nvidia card in place and set to PEG (external card) mode in BIOS, install the latest Lilu.kext, Intelgraphicsfixup.kext and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext in /S/L/E using Kext Beast or Kext Utility, and booting only with dart=0 and darkwake=0 on the config.plist with the BooterActive set to 0x28 and CSRActiveConfig set to 0x67. If you can't boot in with these options, use Unibeast stick, boot up with it, select your drive, press space bar and select verbose, slide=0, and nv_disable=1. If that doesn't work, try combo of verbose, slide=0, nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 and/or with safe mode. If this doesn't work, install Emuvariableuefi on the EFI of the boot drive with Clover via a separate computer as well as the RC script.

Other than that, if you still have trouble running the system properly, best is to update as much as you can to the latest Apple updates, using the Intel HDMI port with IGFX or internal graphics set in BIOS. I got mine working today with this method (and there are 2 new updates from Apple and Nvidia each this week for 10.12.6. Start by booting into the system with the Unibeast stick using verbose, slide=0 and nv_disable=1 and/or debug 0x100 (don't panic with reboot option). This should allow you to enter the system and get access to do the updates 378.05.05.25F01, 378.05.05.25F03 & 378.05.05.25F04. Once you have updated the Apple 10.12.6 updates, reboot and install the appropriate Nvidia update and then switch over to Nvidia port using the above method and repeat the process. Just make sure SIPs is disabled. When it is all done, simply select your drive at Clover bootup (which should only have darkwake=0 and dart=0) and it should boot straight in without any issues.

It works fine for me too.

Tnxs a lot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back