Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) Nvidia Webdriver not loading (GTX 970 / High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Formula VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT 50th AE
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

since 2 Days I try to get my graphics to work. Started a clean installation with macOS HS 10.13.6 with APFS file system on a 850 Pro. I use Clover to boot, installed via Multibeast. I use 17,1 SMBIOS. To get my GPU running I installed Lilu & WEG to L/E. Then installed the webdriver, in Clover graphics everything is unchecked but “use webdriver and “system id” in preferences are checked. All tools, drivers and Kexts are the latest versions.

I rebooted and had already high resolution in Clover GUI (3440x1440). But when I reached the desktop the default OSX driver is still enabled, so the webdriver is obviously not properly loaded. I tried several solutions I found:

- Installing the webdriver with SIP enabled and disabled.
- tried 14,2 and 6,1 SMBIOS
- used HDMI cable instead of DP
- used Emu-driver in Clover, caused black screen
- tried CSM driver in Clover with CSM enabled in UEFI, caused prohibited sign

Hopefully someone can give me a hand to get the beast running. If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
**nevermind my post

Does nvda_drv=1 make any difference?

In "System Parameters" is Nvidiaweb checked?

Hello, finally I got the web driver working.

I was reading the "Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading" thread (problem 6) and got that it should have something to do with proper NVRAM. First I uninstalled all CLOVER relevant parts with the uninstaller, I had installed Clover with NVRAM + RC scripts before. Then I checked if my Mobo supports native NVRAM. At this point it did. After several reboots I checked again, and the test failed. Confusion...

Then I changed SMBios to 14.2 and rebooted. Somehow this was the trick, the driver is working now with Inject System ID & NvidiaWeb checked, EmuVariableUEFI64 driver on and no nvram.plist in EFI folder.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 582
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 15.10.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 15.10.43.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 473
That's interesting, I thought EmuVariableUEFI64 was part of nvram emulation. Can you confirm whether or not you have RC scripts installed? For me these were in
/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local
(put there by Multibeast I believe) and so if you haven't explicitly deleted them they are probably still there.

I ask because I'm struggling to make my Nvidia card work, not identical setup but looking for clues... but congrats on getting yours to work!

Unfortunately I am not able to boot to desktop any longer. After I got the card working I installed Cuda and Intel Power Widget. Don`t know why and if it has something to do with these apps. I even cannot boot in safe mode.... But I will look for the RC scripts in case I can fix this.

EDIT:

I had a look at the system drive via MacDriver10 (Win10). The folder /etc. is gone.

Last edited:
My condolences, then :( Nice hobby, this.

On a normal mac /etc/ should have like 100 things in it. My non-hackintosh says:
Code:
$ ls -l rc*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1560 Aug  6  2016 rc.common
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1560 Aug 23  2015 rc.common~previous
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  5258 Aug 30  2016 rc.netboot
But there may be weirdness about where this is located on a drive that's not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back