Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep ! I tried unsigning them with https://github.com/steakknife/unsign but to no avail.. Now I get this error:

Code:
Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb' (Team ID: none, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(561)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapped file has no cdhash (unsigned or signature broken?)

Before it was:

Code:
Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(596)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Same for both GeForceGLDriverWeb and GeForceMTLDriverWeb !

I tried running instruments.app, I get the exact same errors too. So this is definitely the problem. Nvidia says they are working with Apple to fix this problem, but it remains with the latest update 15f03.

How could something like this happen to a big company like Nvidia, go figure ?!

If you find a way to make this work, please share !! On my side I'm done trying for now.

@rimkashox reading through the documentation for kernel extensions (kext), it seems you need a special signing certificate to make this work: https://developer.apple.com/library...l#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40007919-CH1-TNTAG19

Removing the code signature won't work, as code signed apps that use library validation (such as Xcode, iBooks, etc) won't load unsigned or invalidly signed libraries.

This is really in NVIDIA's court. Hopefully they've just used the wrong cert.

I just submitted a support request to NVIDIA about this as well. Hopefully have a few extra voices asking what's happening will encourage them to do more than bump the required OS version in the plist for the driver release next month.

Absolutely ! Well done man.. The more they understand that we are customers to them, buying cards with their chips inside, the better... If we don't push hard they could very well leave us hanging. A problem that should have been fixed in less then 24h, it's taking weeks and weeks.. Just crazy ! Next time I'll be sure to buy a card supported fully by Apple instead of Nvidia.

Yah, me too : ( Maybe we can tell NVIDIA and they'll fix it.

I removed my card and put it in the drawer. Screw Nvidia and their crappy drivers, never again ! Been using my integrated HD4600 and it's been FANTASTIC.

Lucky you, rimkashox. :p

I can't do that, since my Xeon doesn't have an (activated) iGPU, nor am I willing to buy an AMD card with comparable performance to my GTX980, just because iBooks doesn't work. Instead, I'm using Calibre and Clearview in the meantime. Yes, it's inconvenient, but at least I can read my documents. Luckily, I don't have this rendering issue with any other application.

I'm still surprised how long it takes for Nvidia to fix this. I assume they won't address this issue until 1.12.2 or even 1.12.3 ships. Oh well..

Just to add, FCPX rendering is also broken in the new drivers with Sierra. My BruceX times with a 980ti went from 12s up to 50s. I opened a support ticket with Nvidia and they told me that they did not support this card on a mac pro. They told me to call Apple. I can't tell you how irritating/frustrating that is. Of note, my OpenCL and Cuda scores are still off the chart with this card. It is literally these applications which can't make use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back