Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
One quick follow up to this: if you have some other non-nvidia metal/ogl capable card installed, instruments and iBooks will work just fine since CoreImage/Animation will favor other hardware backed renderers over the software one. In my case I had to have the proper inject intel+ig-platform-id setup in clover so my integrated graphics showed up properly in the system report. No need to have a monitor connected to the IGP.

Once that's done instruments and iBooks are working again. They will work even if you are displaying them on a monitor connected to the nvidia.

Thank you, it solved the transparent iBooks window problem for me! :clap:
My Intel HD4600 integrated graphics was diabled in BIOS, just need to enable it, then Inject Intel graphics in Clover with:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>

<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
Also, I added the Isolate IntelAccelerator patch to the KernelAndKextPatches / KextsToPatch section:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>​

On the first bootup there was some strange graphical glitches when opening iBooks but the next time I launched the application it was fine :confused: I'm using a GTX 750 Ti.

I will test later this week. Thanks to all who kept this thread updated.

Hi everyone. I've managed to solve the problem by enabling an integrated graphics too. iBooks and Instruments works fine at least. But there is another problem with Xcode. When I debug my iOS apps and select "Debug view hierarchy" button (screenshot attached) the view hierarchy is shown on the left but there is completely white screen in the main area. There is no output to a Terminal either. The Reveal app has the same problem.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 22.16.07.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 22.16.07.png
    1 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Hi everyone. I've managed to solve the problem by enabling an integrated graphics too. iBooks and Instruments works fine at least. But there is another problem with Xcode. When I debug my iOS apps and select "Debug view hierarchy" button (screenshot attached) the view hierarchy is shown on the left but there is completely white screen in the main area. There is no output to a Terminal either. The Reveal app has the same problem.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I was going out of my mind trying to fix XCode view hierarchy debugging and Reveal.app before I saw the suggestion to enable integrated graphics, but after enabling them everything is working perfect for me. I am on a Z97 board with a GTX970 driving two 34" 3440x1440 screens via DisplayPort on macOS 10.12.2. I did notice to get integrated graphics working correctly with XCode and Reveal I had to ensure that one of the screens was plugged in to the onboard DisplayPort connector and the other is plugged into the GTX970, and BIOS must have the initial display output set to the integrated graphics.
I did find one workaround, at least for XCode view hierarchy debugging that worked without enabling integrated graphics, but it's a bit of a hack, and doesn't fix the problem with Reveal:

cd /Applications
sudo cp -R Xcode.app Xcode-unsigned.app
sudo codesign --remove-signature Xcode-unsigned.app
Then open the Xcode-unsigned.app and open your project. If you have an existing iOS Simulator open, I'd suggest quitting it before attempting to debug using the unsigned Xcode copy. I don't know if this has any side effects and I only used that when I needed to debug the view hierarchy, but it did work for me before I enabled integrated graphics. I tried removing the codesigning on Reveal but the app crashes on launch when there isn't a valid code signature.

For reference purposes, below are the changes I made to my config.plist to get the integrated graphics working properly with Xcode and Reveal.app. I'm not 100% certain if all of them were required because I tried so many different things before it finally worked. I think the key for my particular setup was plugging one monitor into the onboard DisplayPort connector.

Under /ACPI/DSDT, I added:

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>

<key>FIX_INTELGFX_100000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
<true/>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>
The /Graphics dictionary looks like this:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>

<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0D220003</string>
</dict>

Just in case it matters, my /RtVariables/BooterConfig is set to 0x28, my /RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67, and I've got my SMBIOS setup as iMac14,2. As it stands right now I have both screens working fully at 3440x1440 with full acceleration and have no issues with Xcode, Reveal, or iBooks. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 11.19.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 11.19.32 PM.png

I was going out of my mind trying to fix XCode view hierarchy debugging and Reveal.app before I saw the suggestion to enable integrated graphics, but after enabling them everything is working perfect for me. I am on a Z97 board with a GTX970 driving two 34" 3440x1440 screens via DisplayPort on macOS 10.12.2. I did notice to get integrated graphics working correctly with XCode and Reveal I had to ensure that one of the screens was plugged in to the onboard DisplayPort connector and the other is plugged into the GTX970, and BIOS must have the initial display output set to the integrated graphics.
I did find one workaround, at least for XCode view hierarchy debugging that worked without enabling integrated graphics, but it's a bit of a hack, and doesn't fix the problem with Reveal:

cd /Applications
sudo cp -R Xcode.app Xcode-unsigned.app
sudo codesign --remove-signature Xcode-unsigned.app
Then open the Xcode-unsigned.app and open your project. If you have an existing iOS Simulator open, I'd suggest quitting it before attempting to debug using the unsigned Xcode copy. I don't know if this has any side effects and I only used that when I needed to debug the view hierarchy, but it did work for me before I enabled integrated graphics. I tried removing the codesigning on Reveal but the app crashes on launch when there isn't a valid code signature.

For reference purposes, below are the changes I made to my config.plist to get the integrated graphics working properly with Xcode and Reveal.app. I'm not 100% certain if all of them were required because I tried so many different things before it finally worked. I think the key for my particular setup was plugging one monitor into the onboard DisplayPort connector.

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>

<true/>
<true/>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>

<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<string>0D220003</string>
</dict>
Just in case it matters, my /RtVariables/BooterConfig is set to 0x28, my /RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67, and I've got my SMBIOS setup as iMac14,2. As it stands right now I have both screens working fully at 3440x1440 with full acceleration and have no issues with Xcode, Reveal, or iBooks. Hope this helps.

View attachment 229320View attachment 229321

For 'BIOS must have the initial display output set to the integrated graphics', I've post a question: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enable-both-hd530-and-nv-gpu-with-nv-gpu-as-first-in-uefi.212455/

Any updates on this issue? Since I am using a X99 chipset, I don't have an integrated GPU.
Is there no way to sign the drivers myself?

I have hackintosh with following configuration:
  • ASUS Sabertooth Mark II (Z97)
  • Intel 4790K
  • GTX980
  • main monitor connected to integrated GPU via HDMI
  • TV connected to GTX via HDMI
  • Nvidia web drivers installed
In BIOS I've activated integrated GPU and make it priority one. My config.plist patches:

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<true/>
<true/>
<true/></dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/></dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<string>0D220003</string></dict>

and

Also, I added the Isolate IntelAccelerator patch to the KernelAndKextPatches / KextsToPatch section:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

As result iBooks and Intruments.app seems to work perfectly. And I've noticed only one non-working Mac feature - iTunes DRM videos. There no freezes (yay) - just HDCP errors (on iGPU) or I merely unable to start playing video (on TV-GPU). But it's subject for another tread and not a critical issue for me.

Thank you, guys! You make my life easier!)

Set initial graphics to CPU and iGPU multiple screen enabled fix the problem. But I don't see os loading progress till login window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back