Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
One quick follow up to this: if you have some other non-nvidia metal/ogl capable card installed, instruments and iBooks will work just fine since CoreImage/Animation will favor other hardware backed renderers over the software one. In my case I had to have the proper inject intel+ig-platform-id setup in clover so my integrated graphics showed up properly in the system report. No need to have a monitor connected to the IGP.

Once that's done instruments and iBooks are working again. They will work even if you are displaying them on a monitor connected to the nvidia.

Thank you for the tip. It really works. I can use iBooks again.

One quick follow up to this: if you have some other non-nvidia metal/ogl capable card installed, instruments and iBooks will work just fine since CoreImage/Animation will favor other hardware backed renderers over the software one. In my case I had to have the proper inject intel+ig-platform-id setup in clover so my integrated graphics showed up properly in the system report. No need to have a monitor connected to the IGP.

Once that's done instruments and iBooks are working again. They will work even if you are displaying them on a monitor connected to the nvidia.

Ok, I am a little confused. I have Nvidia GTX 750 Ti installed and working properly. My config.plist shows I have Inject intel = true and ig-platform-id = 0x19120000. How do you get integrated graphics show up properly in system report when BIOS setting have its preference set to using the Nvidia graphics card? I guess I am missing the exact steps you took to getting this to work.

Thank you so much for this tip. It worked for me. I have the HD 3000 and used this thread(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-fix-for-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.176946/) to make it work properly, have both monitor connected to the Nvidia card(750 Ti) and the problem is solved.

Ok, I am a little confused. I have Nvidia GTX 750 Ti installed and working properly. My config.plist shows I have Inject intel = true and ig-platform-id = 0x19120000. How do you get integrated graphics show up properly in system report when BIOS setting have its preference set to using the Nvidia graphics card? I guess I am missing the exact steps you took to getting this to work.

In my bios (MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard) I have to set IGD multi-monitor to enabled and keep nvidia as primary GPU. Otherwise one of the cards wont be visible in OS.

In my case it doesn't matter if the bios has the PCI-E set to primary or the IGP, it shows up properly in macOS and can be used as a renderer either way. There's likely going to be some install-specific factors here, so some experimentation is going to be required.

Been monitoring this thread for about a week or so. Any updates? I have taken out my 950 and I'm running off my IGPU temporarily.

No updates, and it's unlikely we'll ever see this bug fixed unless there are either 1) an architectural change in how graphics drivers work in macOS or 2) official apple provided drivers for modern nvidia cards.

OK iBooks is working, but you get the old problem back, that the system freezes at some websites with DRM content (e.g. Apple Developer WWDC videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back