Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine with me if the mods agree. This is a common problem indeed. I can open a new topic if needed.

I'd second that, I found this thread only by using stack overflow..

I haven't updated to 10.12.6 yet, but I'm guessing the patch might not work with the new Kernel?

(Will be able to test later today or tomorrow perhaps).

:)

I'm trying to use the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (thanks for your work by the way !), but I am stuck at the kextutil stage, because the kext is not signed.

I saw the recommandation to allow kext unsigned with csrutil, but I already disabled completely SIP (CsrActiveConfig at 0x67). Shouldn't it be enough ?

Works great with 10.12.6 & 378.05.05.25f01, thanks again @mlg.

pzkkzjz.jpg

Thanks, mig!! It's working great here with my 10.12.6 install. :thumbup:

BTW, @mlg 's kext & (for Kaby Lake) ig-platform-id 0x59120003 allow both iBooks & QuickSync to coexist (as far as I can tell).

I'm trying to use the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (thanks for your work by the way !), but I am stuck at the kextutil stage, because the kext is not signed.

I saw the recommandation to allow kext unsigned with csrutil, but I already disabled completely SIP (CsrActiveConfig at 0x67). Shouldn't it be enough ?

Hard to see what's happening with your system without more information, but as a test, try copying (i.e. a simple file copy, no need to install as such) the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext into your EFI partition, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and see if that makes a difference...

(It may not given that you system seems to have the SIP disabled and so should allow kexts to load etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back