Contribute
Register

[Solved] Nvidia web driver for High Sierra 2018-003 10.13.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770
Graphics
Quadro K2000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I currently have a 1070 with High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). The last compatible update last time I checked month ago.
OSX keeps giving me the update popup so I was wondering if any new web driver pack was released for the High Sierra 2018-003 10.13.6 update (last to date)?
(I don't even bother asking for Mojave as I guess it's even less likely…)
Can't find anything on the subject, did people gave up and Apple just shut down Nvidia from their OS for good?

Thank you.

Thanks, but it doesn't tell me if there is a compatible version (and which one) with the High Sierra 2018-003 10.13.6 security update. It's says 17G65 (my version), 17G3025 or 17G4015. Not 2018-003, 2018-004 nor 2018-006 security update. So after dozens of research without clear answers, how am I supposed to know? Not gonna guess another time just to end up reinstalling the OS from scratch all over again.

Thanks anyways if you don't know.

Perfect, thank you.

Well, now OS freezes every 10 min, or 5 or even less sometimes… So yeah why ever try to update something that's not broken, ever… This s*** just isn't reliable to work with.

Well, now OS freezes every 10 min, or 5 or even less sometimes… So yeah why ever try to update something that's not broken, ever… This s*** just isn't reliable to work with.
Hanuman,

What you need to do (if you want a stable system) is remove your Nvidia card from the system (for install reasons), set your BIOS to boot auto and boot up with the Intel GPU using nv_disable=1 & -disablegfxfirmware (plus any other usual boot-Sega like dart=0, slide=0) and download the OSX combo update 10.13.2. That will allow you to install the first set of CUDA and Nvidia webdrivers. From there are install your Nvidia card, set BIOS to PEG only, boot with the same boot-Sega and -disablegfxfirmware and then reboot using the Nvidia card and nvda_drv=1. That should allow you to boot into a perfectly running and correctly reported system. If you need to do the updates after installing security update 002, repeat the process of installing the next set of updates first then CUDA/Nvidia drivers, but boot using only the Nvidia card connected (it should work). Just don’t install security update 004 but bypass it to 005 instead via the combo update method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back