Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia Web Driver boot issue (only possible to boot in safe mode, with nv_disable=1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom mac Mini Deluxe Pro
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 mini
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[EDIT]
It seems like the gtx970 is only supported in Mac OS X versions above 10.10 (Yosemite). In Mavericks you can only boot in safe mode with this card.

[Solution]
Updated to 10.10. Applied Combo Update 10.10.5 and latest security fixes. Installed the Nvidia Web driver.
Now everything runs nice and smoothly.
Thanks guys for helping me on this topic.

Hi,

this whole hackintosh stuff drives me crazy. :banghead:
I've spent more than a week to get Mavericks installed with my internal HD4600 graphics card (tried almost every boot flag combination, read a thousands of post about that topic). This happened all in 2014. In January 2015 i bought a Nvidia GTX 970 Mini from Gigabyte. After that point i wasn't even able to boot into Mac OS X with both graphics cards in the System. So i mainly used Linux and MS until this week.

This week i decided to upgrade my RAM and additionally revive my Mac OS X system. I did this as described here:

1. Booted without Nvidia card (which worked like a charm)
2. Installed Nvidia Web Driver for 10.9.4
3. Booted again without Nvidia card
4. Used newest Multibeast for Mavericks to install new FakeSMC
5. Changed chameleon boot plist (removed unneeded Intel Stuff, added nvda_drv=1, added GraphicsEnabler=No)
6. Plugged in the Nvidia Card
7. Tried to boot, but always stuck

So this is the behaviour:
If i boot with -v the boot process stops after NTFS drive initialization. Then after a timeout three columns appear regarding Bluetooth (timeout, ..., connected to transport successfully). I looked at the boot log and there are two things which look suspicious:
- GeforceSensors Fatal Message (unknown chipset)
- A Kernel backtrace regarding com.apple.driver.AppleRTC(2.0) (dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4))

I googled the whole night, but couldn't get a solution to this. In some posts they say that they could boot in safe mode with -x and additionally nv_disable=1.

I tried this combination and somehow the system booted. But only in safe mode.

Now i'm searching for a good hint how to get full graphics support.

Some specs which could be useful:
- Chameleon 3.01 bootloader
- Mac definition: tried 14.2 and 3.1
- Nvidia Web Driver 334.01.02f02
- DSDT free Multibeast config
- Correct BIOS settings (Vdt - off, memory-profile - 1, optimized defaults)

If it helps i could get the syslog of a failed boot and post it here. Can somebody give advice how to troubleshoot a boot problem like this? Which log files are helpful, and where do i find them?

Seems like i'm absolutely stuck this time.

Thanks for your help in advance

Nvidia Web Driver boot issue (only possible to boot in safe mode, with nv_disable=1)

Not certain but IIRC that card is not supported until Yosemite - YMMV

Suggest Search GTX 970 Mavericks.

Nvidia Web Driver boot issue (only possible to boot in safe mode, with nv_disable=1)

Thanks for the information @P1LGRIM

So what should i do now? Is it possible to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite, or Capitan.
I found a guide how to upgrade to Yosemite with Unibeast5, but couldn't find a single, working, link for Mac OS X Yosemite in Apple Store, or Itunes Store. Seems like Apple has removed the Yosemite installer from Apple store. This is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

I have spent more than two weeks in total to get my hackintosh running, and i'm not sure if i should give it another try with El Capitan. The trickiest part was to figure out the correct boot flags and kextes for my Intel HD. But now with my Nvidia it should be easier. What do you think? Does the El Capitan installation mechanism with unibeast got more stable in the meantime, or is it still a bloody mess, like with Mavericks?

Thanks for the information @P1LGRIM

So what should i do now? Is it possible to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite, or Capitan.
I found a guide how to upgrade to Yosemite with Unibeast5, but couldn't find a single, working, link for Mac OS X Yosemite in Apple Store, or Itunes Store. Seems like Apple has removed the Yosemite installer from Apple store. This is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

I have spent more than two weeks in total to get my hackintosh running, and i'm not sure if i should give it another try with El Capitan. The trickiest part was to figure out the correct boot flags and kextes for my Intel HD. But now with my Nvidia it should be easier. What do you think? Does the El Capitan installation mechanism with unibeast got more stable in the meantime, or is it still a bloody mess, like with Mavericks?

I don't understand the question(s) or even if there is a question.

Your hardware won't work with Mavericks = Either change it or upgrade.

Yosemite is only available if you have previously downloaded it from the App Store.

El Capitan works when configured correctly (like any operating system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back