CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Problem Reporting
  1. Description of HDMI audio problem
I tried to hear my HDMI audio from my discrete card GTX 1050ti to my monitor LG ULTRA sharp 60Hz@4k, following this guide but it has not worked, someone could help me see what I do wrong, thank you. [my sound work great from mother board, with cloverHDMI, but my real problem is use the HDMI to the LG monitor speaker.]

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

High Sierra 10.13.6, MB: Asus 170-p(Realtek ALC888), Bios: AMI(Alaska), CPU: Intel 6600k, Graphics: Nvidia 1050ti codec: GP107 (DP, HDMI, DVI ports), Monitor LG 27UD59

3. Procedure/Guide used

Guide AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #2

1 (first attempt) - Add AppleHDAController patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch with Xcode

I have,
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/(change HDAS to HDEF), YES
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/(change GFX0 to IGPU), YES

my AppleHDA.Kext is
Version: 281.52
Last Modified: 09/05/2018, 00:39
Bundle ID: com.apple.driver.AppleHDA
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: AppleHDA 281.52, Copyright © 2000-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Unknown (show unknown after time machine restore??,
I don't know is it important because load correctly)
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 281.52

but, no work.

2 (Second attempt) - Clean KextPatches, install applealc in EFI kext folder and try, I used AppleALC.kext 2.7 in theory support my device
  • de10b90f
,almost try other new version.
but, HDMI or DP not work.

3 (Third attempt) - Clean all, download AppleHDA.kext_v280.12 from Post #531, credit jch.
install with KextBeast, restart and
no work, no sound.

What am I doing wrong ?
thank you

Attachments

• DPCI manager status.png
    DPCI manager status.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 380
  • system Report.zip
    274.6 KB · Views: 140
  • config.plist.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 165
  • BootLog.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 127
  • EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 158
  • Ioreg.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    663.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
@b31k,

After upgrading to MacOS 10.13.6 on my desktop video editing system I had similar issues trying to get HDMI audio working on my Nvidia 980 Ti which is connected to a LG 34" 21:9 Monitor, the only solution that worked for me was to use AppleALC which supports almost all Nvidia HDMI audio. I would also recommend installing WhatEverGreen.

Both are covered in this guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

As detailed in the guide you will need to remove any existing clover patches, enabler kext's .. etc, if you follow the guide carefully it should work for your configuration, you can also use AppleALC for your audio codec this reducing the number of 3rd party kexts and clover patches.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

Thank you very much for answering.
I tried but AppleALC no work HDEF in Ioreg show 0x8086A170 (INTEL) instead Nvidia HDMI
applealc.kext.png

Something is wrong, if a substitute IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, Shiki.kext by WhateverGreen.kext (last version) + AppleALC.kext

All look run fine but when , search for "hdau" in ioreg not show, think codec not recognised.
Whatevergreen.png

Last edited:
I tried to hear my HDMI audio from my discrete card GTX 1050ti to my monitor LG ULTRA sharp 27@4k, following this guide but it has not worked
Post #1 IOReg shows macOS/Nvidia HDMI audio working. Nvidia web driver is not working, see AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/Notes/Nvidia.

Each method you tried works, however, an active DP2HDMI adapter (4K) is the only way to solve Nvidia's problem; no guarantee.

The method does not matter as no method solves the no HDMI audio on a Pascal HDMI connector.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for answering.

I tried first DP(monitor) to DP(card),HDMI(monitor) to HDMI(card) and HDMI(monitor) to DP2HDMI adapter, this isn't active adapter and show in 1080p (Full HD) this is the problem?

nothing work

photo.JPG

Last edited:
No DP audio, replace graphic card, if possible
GTX 1050ti (EVGA 04G-P4-6253-KR) supports DP audio only
toleda,

Hello, sorry but I do not understand

My card is exactly GTX 1050ti (Palit Kalm NE5105T018G1H) have 3 ports include DP port, if this support audio.
This port should work direct connection to DP (tv) or by DP2HDMI to DP(tv)
I am wrong?

On the other hand I have seen that, when I start with the dp cable it does not recognize nothing, but if I change to hdmi recognizes it but it does not sound anything.

conect_2_hdmi_after_dp.png

thank you

Attachments

• ioreg_hdmi_after_dp.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
This port should work direct connection to DP (tv) or by DP2HDMI to DP(tv)
I am wrong?
Windows, no; macOS, yes
On the other hand I have seen that, when I start with the dp cable it does not recognize nothing, but if I change to hdmi recognizes it but it does not sound anything.
You have validated Nvidia's macOS/Pascal driver problem, no HDMI audio on boot. HDMI audio on HDMI connector hot plug.
No sound, verify volume control on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back