Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GTX 760 only showing 7mb of Vram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thank you for your fast replies.

I could find a total of three config.plist files, and I tried putting each of them in verbose mode, and when I restarted it did not go into verbose mode. This makes it seem like none of them have an effect on the system, but if that is the case then how do I fix it? Is there a way to tell the computer to boot with one of them?
Quite obviously there is another one that you haven't found yet.
Did you mount the EFI partition and look there ?

Thanks, I will check those things, but why would it say that it only has 7mb of vram?

Most likely because you have (inject nvidia) set to true in config.plist.

Hi,

I have the same video board (MSI 760GTX 2go) and I had weird video dislay right after a fresh install of Sierra.
I changed the system definition to MacPro 5,1 (from 6,1) and installed Coda. Video was fine after that.

Hope it helps

Ok, thank you very much for your help Pilgrim. I messed with mounting different EFI drives for a while and eventually found the one that made it boot in verbose mode. From there it was just a simple matter of turning off nv_disable, and inject Intel, and now it works great.

It seems stable now, and all is well. Thanks again.

Ok, thank you very much for your help Pilgrim. I messed with mounting different EFI drives for a while and eventually found the one that made it boot in verbose mode. From there it was just a simple matter of turning off nv_disable, and inject Intel, and now it works great.

It seems stable now, and all is well. Thanks again.

Note having (inject intel) True in config can cause problems with dedicated Graphics. Recommend removing it.

Hi Kinkade73,

I am having the same issue. Can you put your solution step by step?

I am using a GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard, Intel i7 4770k and Asus Direct CU II GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card.

UPDATE 1: I managed to fix this issue. I basically edited the config.plist file with Clover Configurator with this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ (Note that I edited this config.plist with the help of my Macbook Pro)

Then I installed Nvidia Web Driver for OSX 10.12.6 from this link - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Now it seems to work fine now. But I have one little problem. I still face a graphic glitch issue while using Safari. My apple logo and the icons of safari browser are still affected with the graphic issue. See the screenshot I have attached in this post.

(P.S - I don't use Safari, I use Chrome but I still would like to know why is this happening and if there is any solution to this. Thanks)

UPDATE 2: I managed to disable the icon glitches while using safari. It seems that my internal intel driver was causing the trouble. a) I disabled my Intel Graphics Processor from my BIOS. b) I added "nvda_drv=1" in my boot args.

Whew. Everything works like a charm now! I am good to go. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 7.33.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 7.33.43 AM.png
    541 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Hi Kinkade73,

I am having the same issue. Can you put your solution step by step?

I am using a GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard, Intel i7 4770k and Asus Direct CU II GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card.

UPDATE 1: I managed to fix this issue. I basically edited the config.plist file with Clover Configurator with this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ (Note that I edited this config.plist with the help of my Macbook Pro)

Then I installed Nvidia Web Driver for OSX 10.12.6 from this link - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Now it seems to work fine now. But I have one little problem. I still face a graphic glitch issue while using Safari. My apple logo and the icons of safari browser are still affected with the graphic issue. See the screenshot I have attached in this post.

(P.S - I don't use Safari, I use Chrome but I still would like to know why is this happening and if there is any solution to this. Thanks)

UPDATE 2: I managed to disable the icon glitches while using safari. It seems that my internal intel driver was causing the trouble. a) I disabled my Intel Graphics Processor from my BIOS. b) I added "nvda_drv=1" in my boot args.

Whew. Everything works like a charm now! I am good to go. :D

Remove Nvidia Web Drivers. They are not needed for the 760.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back