Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel 4790k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760 2gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated my Hackintosh to MacOS Sierra, using unibeast and multibeast, and it almost entirely works... Except that there are a lot of weird graphical glitches and flickering, and the screen (normally 4k) is limited to 1600x1200. In system info, it says that the Nvidia card only has 7mb of vram, which is wrong as it has 2gb normally.

I assumed that I just needed to get newer drivers for Sierra, but after searching for a while and trying a few, nothing has changed.

I tried using the clover configurator to enable Nvidia web drivers (although I'm inexperienced with it), and this did nothing.

Can anybody give me info on what I should do to resolve this? Let me know if more info from me is needed.

Thanks.

Edit: I posted this in the wrong place originally, so here is where I meant to put it. Sorry.

I recently updated my Hackintosh to MacOS Sierra, using unibeast and multibeast, and it almost entirely works... Except that there are a lot of weird graphical glitches and flickering, and the screen (normally 4k) is limited to 1600x1200. In system info, it says that the Nvidia card only has 7mb of vram, which is wrong as it has 2gb normally.

I assumed that I just needed to get newer drivers for Sierra, but after searching for a while and trying a few, nothing has changed.

I tried using the clover configurator to enable Nvidia web drivers (although I'm inexperienced with it), and this did nothing.

Can anybody give me info on what I should do to resolve this? Let me know if more info from me is needed.

Thanks.

Edit: I posted this in the wrong place originally, so here is where I meant to put it. Sorry.

The GTX760 has native support, you do not need to do anything to make it work.
You do not need newer drivers for Sierra.
You do not need the web drivers.
Check that integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings.
Check that you are not injecting Intel in your config.plist.

Thanks, I will check those things, but why would it say that it only has 7mb of vram?
Because of incorrect settings in your config.plist.

Okay, I have made sure that integrated graphics are disabled, and I am not injecting Intel, but there has been no change. It's still saying 7mb of vram, and it is still quite glitchy. Should I just try fresh installing the OS again, or do you have other helpful input?

Thanks.

Okay, I have made sure that integrated graphics are disabled, and I am not injecting Intel, but there has been no change. It's still saying 7mb of vram, and it is still quite glitchy. Should I just try fresh installing the OS again, or do you have other helpful input?

Thanks.
Perhaps the config.plist that you are editing is not the one that you are booting with.
Or maybe the config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.

Attach your config.plist here.

Not a lot wrong with that.
An easy way to test if it is the one that you are booting with is to enable verbose mode within the config.plist.
If the next boot is verbose then you know one way or the other.

Okay, thank you for your fast replies.

I could find a total of three config.plist files, and I tried putting each of them in verbose mode, and when I restarted it did not go into verbose mode. This makes it seem like none of them have an effect on the system, but if that is the case then how do I fix it? Is there a way to tell the computer to boot with one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back