Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6870 || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally got Sierra running on both of my machines:

1st Machine: GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 (Video: GV-R687OC-1GD || Radeon HD 6870): Installation went almost flawless and all works fine, except just two minor issues: USB 3.0 doesnt work and non-wakeup after sleep (any ideas?).

and
2nd Machine: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 rev 1.0 (Video: ASUS C897P || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260) – after three days of tossing around and endless tries and failures, I finally passed the installation process (Thanks to Tony's Guide). But! My GTX 260 still doesnt work. Sierra now runs on generic graphic drivers. Brand new NVIDIA Web drivers seem not to support my GPU.

Any ideas? Thank you!

[SOLVED]:
Now I found solution! My GTX 260 works fine on Sierra;)

The solution: Use NVDAStartup.kext for El Capitan.

If you have any backup including TimeMachine, you can get NVDAStartup version 10.10.13 in S/L/E.
If you have no backup, you can use the one I attached in this post.

1. Backup and remove NVDAStartup.kext
2. Install NVDAStartup.kext for El Capitan with KextBeast or something.
3. Reboot with 'InjectNvidia=true'
4. Enjoy your sierra world!!

I think its not best solution. I hope someone find better one.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Were you able to install the web drivers at all? In the new clover, there is a bew way to injext nVidia. Under SystemParameters in you config, add NvidiaWeb = true

Were you able to install the web drivers at all? In the new clover, there is a bew way to injext nVidia. Under SystemParameters in you config, add NvidiaWeb = true
Yeah, installed latest web drivers, rebooted and turned on Nvidia Web under clover boot options. Black screen, monitor stopped receiving any signal.

Yeah, installed latest web drivers, rebooted and turned on Nvidia Web under clover boot options. Black screen, monitor stopped receiving any signal.
What is you smbios? Can you post your config? With iMac 15/17 and mac pro 6, its a known issue and the fix is very simple

dashingncool
I've placed fairly empty iMac 14,2 sys def config.
Thank you!!!

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 499
Finally got Sierra running on both of my machines:

1st Machine: GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 (Video: GV-R687OC-1GD || Radeon HD 6870): Installation went almost flawless and all works fine, except just two minor issues: USB 3.0 doesnt work and non-wakeup after sleep (any ideas?).

and
2nd Machine: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 rev 1.0 (Video: ASUS C897P || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260) – after three days of tossing around and endless tries and failures, I finally passed the installation process (Thanks to Tony's Guide). But! My GTX 260 still doesnt work. Sierra now runs on generic graphic drivers. Brand new NVIDIA Web drivers seem not to support my GPU.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Disabling USB 3 on older boards breaks sleep. GTX 260 will work without Nvidia web drivers. What System definition are you using?

Disabling USB 3 on older boards breaks sleep. GTX 260 will work without Nvidia web drivers. What System definition are you using
How to enable USB 3 then? GenericUSBXHCI.kext doesnt do the magic for me. GTX 260 does NOT work without Web Drivers (neither with them for now), tried all possible combinations (Inject Nvidia = kernel panic). nv_disable=1 is the only option that worked for me to install Sierra at all. System definition iMac 14,2 (watch config.plist from previous post).
Thank you!

How to enable USB 3 then? GenericUSBXHCI.kext doesnt do the magic for me. GTX 260 does NOT work without Web Drivers (neither with them for now), tried all possible combinations (Inject Nvidia = kernel panic). nv_disable=1 is the only option that worked for me to install Sierra at all. System definition iMac 14,2 (watch config.plist from previous post).
Thank you!

You're board has NEC USB 3 which probably won't work. Don't think theres a solution for it.

Hi. I have got the same issue with my NVIDIA GTX260.

Inject Nvidia --> KP
nv_disable=1 --> boots fine but no graphics (just the generic driver)

Anyone found a solution to this yet? I will be searching as well.

Attach config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back