Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI. I am running OS X 10.12.5 I am trying to install the driver for my GTX 1060, but on the NVIDIA site I can only find the one for 10.12.4 so it is not working.

Version: 378.05.05.05f01
Release Date: 2017.4.11
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.4

how long before we get an update??

@thedocbwarren
I am uploading my full efi partition for you. iMac definition is 14,2 and I have also changed the serial.
You can use it directly.

This is latest clover 4061. It is UEFI based with CSM disabled.

Included:
1. ACPI patches for USB 3
2. Kext Patches for USB 3 support
3. Minimalism theme
4. Trim enabled
5. Nvidia Web driver enabled
6. IntelMausiEthernet.kext and HDMIAudio.kext are in kexts/other folder

mount your efi and replace clover folder with mine.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/JbzWTXGz/file.html

PS: My EFI is only suitable if you have all these 3 things
1. Z170 and Z270 based motherboards with CSM disabled
2. Skylake CPUs. (If you have Kabylake CPU, do the extra tweak given below)
3. Nvidia Pascal/Maxwell based cards.

All others can also use my efi partition but you may need to modify it further.... spread the love. Credits to tonymacx86

Quick Kabylake CPU Guide

To boot, CPU ID needs to be spoofed. Go into Clover options at boot time and input the Skylake ID as FakeCPUID. Then just add the key and string in the KextandKernelPatches section of Clover's config.plist during post-installation.

Skylake CPUID: 0x0506E3

Or by manually editing config.plist
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0506E3</string>
So I took your config folder and uploaded it into clover and it seems to be recognizing my GeForce 1050 on about this Mac!!! Although on my Nvidia Driver on the tool bar it still has OS X Default graphics driver checked even though I have checked Nvidia and restarted. The Clover boot menu also says Nv_disable=1. Is this ok or is it really not using my graphics card? How can I tell? Thanks for your help I haven't been this far yet!

The Clover boot menu also says Nv_disable=1. Is this ok or is it really not using my graphics card?
nv_disable=1 disables the Nvidia graphics drivers - Remove it.

This is the same thing that is happening to me. After Effects, and also in Final Cut Pro when using a GPU accelerated plugin (not sure if that is CUDA). Hopefully we get some answers or upgraded drivers soon!
Im having the same problem with DaVinci Resolve (appstore version). When I try to do some Noise Reduction the computer freezes, then Resolve crashes without any message. Sometimes it even logs me out of my user account. I can re-open DaVinci and continue working till it crashes again. I still can render with NR active, but it sometimes crashes only while working, not yet while rendering.
Premiere is working great btw.

Im having the same problem with DaVinci Resolve (appstore version). When I try to do some Noise Reduction the computer freezes, then Resolve crashes without any message. Sometimes it even logs me out of my user account. I can re-open DaVinci and continue working till it crashes again. I still can render with NR active, but it sometimes crashes only while working, not yet while rendering.
Premiere is working great btw.

My information may be a little out of date but from what I remember the AppStore version of Davinci Resolve only supports OpenCL not CUDA, something to do with Apple's restrictions on Apps sold through it's store.

If you're using the (free)Lite version maybe try downloading directly from the Blackmagic site, or if you're using the Studio version you could try to get a refund through the AppStore and buy the dongle version directly from Blackmagic (maybe test with Lite before spending any money :) )

How it is going on with support of AORUS GTX 1070 8G (GV-N1070AORUS-8GD)? Does have anybody already this card in his hackintosh? I can't find any informations about support this model and also it isn't in the Buyer guide yet. Can anybody help me to figure out support in Sierra?

My information may be a little out of date but from what I remember the AppStore version of Davinci Resolve only supports OpenCL not CUDA, something to do with Apple's restrictions on Apps sold through it's store.

If you're using the (free)Lite version maybe try downloading directly from the Blackmagic site, or if you're using the Studio version you could try to get a refund through the AppStore and buy the dongle version directly from Blackmagic (maybe test with Lite before spending any money :) )

Yep, you're right about AppStore Resolve Studio, but the same happens with the free app from BlackMagicDesign (12.5.6 and 14beta).
Also I have a bunch of problems with multiple displays (not always works), sound on HDMI port only works when another display is plugged in the DisplayPort and the display goes black less than a second, from time to time. This didn't happen on 10.12.4 (that I remember) and audio was working great on HDMI. I think it must be the drivers.
In windows everything is working perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back