Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I am new here, can I please get the full detailed specs of someone build with GTX -1080 or GTX-1070 and 32GB RAM, what are the compatible list of items used. This machine is to use photo and video editing, I cannot afford mac pro...

im in the same boat regarding the safari glitch using a 1080ti. One option is to turn off IGPU, but I want that for airplay purposes. If you find a solution please let me know.
Are you guys using display port? Because I had the same problem, then I switched to HDMI, cleared the cache and it works fine now.

Hi guys,

Is impossible to follow this thread.. so.. sorry if the information is here (i'm sure)

But, can I use gtx 1080 (or 1080ti) in a hackintosh?

Where I can find the update info about this post? in the first post?

thanks, and sorry again.

Hey everyone. Very new to hackintosh and nVidia cards. Since this thread is super long, I would love if someone could let me know the following.

Is it possible to use the gtx 1070 on a hackintosh without any performance issues? I am going to primarily use it for 4K video editing on Premiere Pro and some After Effects (no gaming). Would I be taking full advantage of the card's specs?

Thanks a lot!

Hey everyone. Very new to hackintosh and nVidia cards. Since this thread is super long, I would love if someone could let me know the following.

Is it possible to use the gtx 1070 on a hackintosh without any performance issues? I am going to primarily use it for 4K video editing on Premiere Pro and some After Effects (no gaming). Would I be taking full advantage of the card's specs?

Thanks a lot!

There is probably still some scope for nvidia to improve the graphics drivers further but all new drivers take some time to mature. That said Adobe need to work to make the 10 series cards to their best with Adobe applications. Have you had a look over on the Adobe forums?

There is probably still some scope for nvidia to improve the graphics drivers further but all new drivers take some time to mature. That said Adobe need to work to make the 10 series cards to their best with Adobe applications. Have you had a look over on the Adobe forums?

Thanks buddy. Could you please direct me to the right forum to ask the question? Basically, do you think that if I choose to run windows rather than hackintosh, it would make a significant difference for video editing?

https://communities.adobe.com/en.html
https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Video section of the forum at TMX:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/video.23/

Both windows and macOS are capable of running Adobe apps well if you use well supported hardware. Drivers are a little more mature in Windows, but if you prefer macOS to use on a daily basis then you will need to make sure that the money that you spend on hardware, Applications is well supported by the vendors as well as the hardware.

A great deal of folk that use macOS use FCPX. I like FCPX and prefer the buy it outright approach to purchasing the application, rather than the rental scheme that Adobe have now gone down.

If you are using video editing applications for a living then going with Windows may be an easier choice - if on the other hand you are more hobby based then macOS could appeal more.

Don't worry about small differences in performance between Windows and macOS unless it actually impacts your workflow to a point that it becomes an issue.

I'm using a 1060 under Mac with Premiere. I have a Macbook Pro with an external Graphics Card connected through Thunderbolt. I'd say there is definitely some problems, mostly with Metal acceleration. CUDA and OpenCL work well and I just finished editing two videos in 4K with Lumetri layers on top. Some of my problems might have to do with using an external Graphics card because Premiere is using my internal dGPU and the eGPU. It does have it's kinks but I'm using it to make a living and it works.

When I open up a software that uses CUDA rendering like After Effects the whole system starts glitching and then crashes - either I move my mouse around until everything is black, or it just logs out and I get to the log in screen (usually it just get's black and I have to restart my PC)View attachment 255051View attachment 255052

This is the same thing that is happening to me. After Effects, and also in Final Cut Pro when using a GPU accelerated plugin (not sure if that is CUDA). Hopefully we get some answers or upgraded drivers soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back