Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you also install the CUDA drivers? That's a separate driver package, additional to the Nvidia WebDrivers.

The empty PCI section is normal behavior unless you manually inject your hardware details. It's not necessary for full system functionality.

Did you also install the CUDA drivers? That's a separate driver package, additional to the Nvidia WebDrivers.

The empty PCI section is normal behavior unless you manually inject your hardware details. It's not necessary for full system functionality.

Thanks for the fast response,
Is this the driver you are talking about? I see it's been released in Dec. 2016, is there a newer version?
tonymac.jpg

And about the PCI, should I inject it with clover? Is that even an option with these new pieces of hardware?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the fast response,
Is this the driver you are talking about? I see it's been released in Dec. 2016, is there a newer version?View attachment 253290
And about the PCI, should I inject it with clover? Is that even an option with these new pieces of hardware?

Thanks again!
The new one is CUDA Driver Version: 8.0.81

Hey guys,
I have cuda 8.0.81 installed but when I open cuda preferences it crashes every time, any clues why it is happening?
Try reinstall Sierra it happened to me and a reinstall fixed it good luck :thumbup:

Hey guys so i've installed everything succesfully but I have a minor issue like this guy as shown in the uploaded image. Basically everything works now and I was just having an issue with iBooks where I had the transparent book issue while loading a book. So I searched for the fix and I implemented it; Where I had to inject intel and a framebuffer patch for the HD 4600. My primary card is a GTX 1070 and both were detected after the iBooks fix. Also iBooks was working properly. However, the fix also introduced the graphical glitch in safari as shown. All icons get muddled. If I turn off the Intel card then iBooks doesnt open and if I turn it on then safari gets glitchy icons. Is there a way to fix this issue? I want both to work and any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 203336-3fb4f962825666e1bef556728e79f950.png
    203336-3fb4f962825666e1bef556728e79f950.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 192
Hi guys, again....

So I've reinstalled my Sierra (again), downloaded the new Nvidia driver and Cuda driver. All is good up until one point...
My video card is showing up under About This Mac tab, I have the latest cuda driver apparently working correctly.

When I open up a software that uses CUDA rendering like After Effects the whole system starts glitching and then crashes - either I move my mouse around until everything is black, or it just logs out and I get to the log in screen (usually it just get's black and I have to restart my PC)

I've added some screenshots, I've tried to use my GPU with AND without the "Untested, unsupported..." checkbox ticked but it doesn't change anything. I've tried tons of solutions - Deleting the "Metal" folder from the After Effects Content folder, adding "GeForce GTX 1080" to the raytracer file in the Content folder. I'm starting to think this is an Adobe problem, as they're not yet supporting the new graphics cards on Sierra.
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 17.42.37.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 17.42.54.png

Hey guys so i've installed everything succesfully but I have a minor issue like this guy as shown in the uploaded image. Basically everything works now and I was just having an issue with iBooks where I had the transparent book issue while loading a book. So I searched for the fix and I implemented it; Where I had to inject intel and a framebuffer patch for the HD 4600. My primary card is a GTX 1070 and both were detected after the iBooks fix. Also iBooks was working properly. However, the fix also introduced the graphical glitch in safari as shown. All icons get muddled. If I turn off the Intel card then iBooks doesnt open and if I turn it on then safari gets glitchy icons. Is there a way to fix this issue? I want both to work and any help would be greatly appreciated

im in the same boat regarding the safari glitch using a 1080ti. One option is to turn off IGPU, but I want that for airplay purposes. If you find a solution please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back